I tried to search this topic and can only conclude it's such a "no-brainer" it shouldn't even have been asked or no one has asked the question before because no one has ever wanted to try it.

Is there a way to change the native calendar so it defaults to opening a 3rd party calendar app (i.e. Pocket Informant)? Or, can the native calendar app be "told" to "step aside" for a third party app to load in it's place when you press the calendar icon?

I'm coming from Windows Mobile and all the third party calendars (or at least all the ones I used) had an option to set it as the default calendar app when you pressed the calendar button.

Is it even possible?

This is my first BB (Torch) so I'm still learning.
    01-27-11 02:25 AM
    I have actually asked the same thing, and I dont think it can happen. However, if you set up the sync with BB calendar the right way, what you put in Pocket Informant will show on that calendar and vice versa and also on any today theme you use. Not ideal I know, but works pretty well for me.
    ajwalker likes this.
    01-27-11 05:49 PM
    I have actually asked the same thing, and I dont think it can happen. However, if you set up the sync with BB calendar the right way, what you put in Pocket Informant will show on that calendar and vice versa and also on any today theme you use. Not ideal I know, but works pretty well for me.
    Thanks for the response but I was really wondering if there is a way for the native BB calendar not open but instead open PI (or any other 3rd party calendar appp)?

I'm guessing the answer is no
    01-27-11 10:15 PM
    Sorry I wasn't clear. The answer is no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:21 PM
    Why not just hide the native calendar and just click on the 3rd party one? I just don't understand why you would be clicking on the native one when you don't want it to open.

Maybe I'm missing something?
    01-27-11 10:22 PM
    That is what I do. The advantage of synching informant with native calendar is ii you use a today screen the informant entries will show up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD