After installing the latest BBM upgrade I've been having a major memory leakage. This is the only thing I have installed on my phone in the past few months so it has to be the culprit. The leakage happened immediately after installation. My memory runs down to about 4,000,000 about 3 times a day now.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    12-28-09 02:44 PM
    are you leaving running apps running??? i havent had an issue and you should either if thats the only app you have installed. if you have ten apps running youll definitly see it slow down. go the apps screen>blackberry key>switch application> you should only have 5 running, anymore close them out and check your memory, it should increase. let me know your turn out..cheers
    12-28-09 02:46 PM
    Did you notice, the upgraded BlackBerry Messenger is now 3.6 Mb?

That is big hit on memory.

On the plus side, you can archive it now and get the space back quickly.
    12-28-09 02:50 PM
    Nope. I always close any app running. Which is only about 3 apps I have on my phone including opera mini.
    12-28-09 02:50 PM
    How would I archive it? What is the advantage of archiving?
    12-28-09 02:53 PM
    Archiving is part of MyWorld, far right Icon of the App World home page.

Archiving uninstalls the applications from device memory and saves the program files to your media card. That frees up the memory for other applications.

When you choose to restore the application, it uses the media card cached code for a quick restore.

I have core applications that are always in device memory and optional applications archived so I switch up as needed.
    12-28-09 05:26 PM
    It's been all downhill with the latest BBM and especially OS .175 on my Pearl. Memory leaks all over with that OS it seemed. I've reverted to .138, the last I've had success with, and after a reboot, I still only have 5 MBs free. If I use it a fair amount, even closing applications, I still run it down to zero free memory, although I usually catch it before it makes it. This afternoon, after less than a day of use, I hit 0 bytes free. QuickPull couldn't reboot it.

I guess it's time to head for a Tour2. :-/
    12-29-09 10:33 PM
    after a reboot, I still only have 5 MBs free ...
    5 Mb is the minimum amount of memory you can have available before conflicts develop in memory management.

You are a candidate for memory optimization. After you have optimized, you should have 15+ Mb of free memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    12-30-09 10:07 AM
    I've done my memory optimization and I've still never gotten above 7 million in memory.

Reed,

What type of memory performance upgrade did you see when you got the app myworld?
    12-30-09 05:09 PM
    Just archived Pandora and I'm up to 9 million mb file free. Get some!
    12-30-09 05:31 PM
    sorry to ride on your thread but im using a bold 9000 and i have been experiencing major battery drain issues because of the update to 5.0.0.57. anybody else experiencing this?
    12-31-09 04:18 AM
    5 Mb is the minimum amount of memory you can have available before conflicts develop in memory management.

You are a candidate for memory optimization. After you have optimized, you should have 15+ Mb of free memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    Thanks; I'll give that a shot and report back.
    12-31-09 09:49 PM
    Just curious, are you leaving a lot of conversations open in BBM? I've noticed a difference in performance depending on how many conversations I have open...maybe its just me though! It seems logical though that conversations left open over time would suck up memory.
    12-31-09 10:12 PM
    sorry to ride on your thread but im using a bold 9000 and i have been experiencing major battery drain issues because of the update to 5.0.0.57. anybody else experiencing this?
    Yes, along with a host of other problems that didn't exist before that update was released. I should have stuck with v33. That worked fine.
    01-01-10 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD