03-03-10 05:23 PM
27 12
tools
    I have a Sprint Tour & downloaded the new official 5.0 BBM. Everything seems to work fine except for one MAJOR issue. When a friend is typing a message, there is no longer any way to tell. It doesn't say "is typing a message" or whatever it supposed to say while the cursor is in the typing box. If you move the cursor above the box you type in, you may or MAY NOT see that status. Um yeah major annoyance when that was one of the basic features of bbm! Back to old 4.7. This new BBM is useless. I don't see why all of you are going ape dung over it. The window to read messages is smaller too with the double thick header as well...

Anyone else can verify this?
    10-07-09 11:59 PM
    "um yeah" IF that is the truly the case (I'm installing now), I wouldn't call it "useless". You are just one of many nitpickers. Enjoy 4.7!
    10-08-09 12:01 AM
    i see when my friends are typing...
    10-08-09 12:02 AM
    I see when they are typing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 12:05 AM
    downloaded, installed, used, and I also, see when a friend is typing.
    10-08-09 12:08 AM
    is this while your cursor is in the box where you type? By default when you send a message your cursor stays in that box. On 4.7, you can see them typing. On 5.0 - nothing. Unless I move the cursor out of the box & even then it's not always. My friend also has same issue with her 8900 Curve in UK. I downloaded from App World which I assume gives me the correct version for my phone.
    10-08-09 12:08 AM
    is this while your cursor is in the box where you type? By default when you send a message your cursor stays in that box. On 4.7, you can see them typing. On 5.0 - nothing. Unless I move the cursor out of the box & even then it's not always. My friend also has same issue with her 8900 Curve in UK. I downloaded from App World which I assume gives me the correct version for my phone.
    i dont have this issue either. also can see when they are typing if you back out of the conversation.

i mean but in the end is it that serious to know when someone is typing?
    10-08-09 12:10 AM
    I don't have that issue , what i do see happening is after the message is delivered it still shows the person typing, until i open the chat or scroll then the typing message goes away... aside from that its smooth and perfect for me
    10-08-09 12:24 AM
    Works fine for me. Plus what difference does it make if you know that they are typing. i mean seriously. lol get over it. That does not render it useless. it is by far superior then the previous version. Stop crying and enjoy it.
    10-08-09 12:32 AM
    It works fine for me as well.

10-08-09 01:08 AM
    works perfect for me, better than the beta did
    10-08-09 01:10 AM
    Works great on mine. Kinda sounds like a complaint I would get from my ex... Where u at? Where u going? Are u going to respond to my text? Hello? Why aren't u typing back to me? Lol

10-08-09 01:36 AM
    really not a major bug....
    10-08-09 01:38 AM
    How is that major again?

Who sits and watches their BBM screen anyway? =p

Maybe try a hard reset, or back out & go back in. It's working fine for me hun.
    10-08-09 01:46 AM
    You have missed my point. The point is the OLD bbm DID have this feature. No one is whining or crying. If you have nothing to say other than to berate me, then please give it to your dog or cat or fish
    10-08-09 02:42 PM
    no we got your point but you seem not to get ours

the feature you are saying is missing. ITS not missing. it works on my BBM 5.0.33 and works for the others!

its not a bug its a issue with your BB.
    10-08-09 02:57 PM
    The major issue i have with BBM !! which isnt resolved in the newest bbm 5.0 either , Is the status of my contacts never update automatically. I have a friend that has been away for 3 weeks and his phone has been off for the whole duration! , but when I do a status update for him it says he's available ! how is this possible when his phone is off? would be nice to see updated statuses of your fellow contacts.
    10-08-09 03:24 PM
    I have exactly the same problem with mine, I'm running BBM 5.0.0.33 on a Bold with Vodafone (UK). Just installed it and I cannot see when the other person is 'typing a message'. It's not a major problem but I want to get it fixed - you guys seem to be missing the point... would you want to download a new application and not have it working properly??! It doesn't matter how small the problem is.

I just broadcast a message to all of my 43 contacts and only one person has come back saying they have the same issue, everyone else's is working fine.

I have tried a hard reset and it does not change anything...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    10-29-09 09:11 AM
    Oh my good god! You sad sad sad people pmpl!!!

10-29-09 09:24 AM
    casual.1 I think you're the sad one, you are getting all excited about a post you clearly don't understand or can help with. Just calm down and go and post your unhelpful **** somewhere else, this is meant to be a forum for people to help each other with BB issues. Wasteman.
    10-29-09 09:30 AM
    Hahaha, oh I do get the point of the post. However let's be honest unless you are that anal that you sit and stare at your phone all day long waiting for 'typing a mrsashe' I fail to realise the significance of the moaning and conplaining! Oh and it works for me so it obviously isn't a bug of glitch in the programming!!

10-29-09 10:31 AM
    Lol I wasn't getting at you in particular there, just hate it on forums when people take the ****!

Anyway this issue just resolved itself for me - about an hour after installing BBM 5, it just fixed itself and started displaying the 'writing a message' text (it comes up in green).

Very weird!
    10-29-09 07:24 PM
    It only seems to show the typing message if the user is typing a long message.
    10-30-09 10:04 PM
    i get typing notifications for all messages short, long, even emoticons
    10-30-09 10:17 PM
    One of the things I noticed immediately is that BBM 5 doesn't tell you if someone has read your message, when they read it, and when they are typing. Will they be adding those features back?
    10-31-09 11:57 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD