They have the cheaper social plans for people that think 120$ a year in savings is worth more ...
    BAM.
    06-22-11 02:22 PM
    This option is not available in all countries and with all carriers.

In the US, the data plans are the same price for any smartphone, and none of the carriers offer "social plans".

Many European carriers charge more for BIS than for data plans for other smartphones.
    06-22-11 02:25 PM
    15 for bis
    25 for bes
    in euros, for 500 mb/month in belgium and usually in europe
    06-22-11 03:09 PM
    Where I live BIS cost more. The cheapest plan I've seen is Virgin Mobile USA for $25/unlimited internet. But it's $35 for if you get BIS.
    06-22-11 03:48 PM
    I live in India where the stupid BBM plans cost 300rs ie $6, while it is just cheaper to get an unlimited Text plan and 2gb GPRS plan for 200rs ie $4.
    While Internet plans on Blackberry cost $20, which is just too much.

So even though RIM is growing in emerging market it's gains will be short lived as within a year Android phones will be cheaper, offer more features and look great.
    This is one of the reason that even though RIM growing nobody is having confidence with them.

People have seen Nokia, a company which was the undisputed leader of the emerging market 2 years back and now it is struggling to stay afloat.

In emerging market only thing, which work is value for money goods.
    Even Apple are releasing a cheaper iPhone for China and India.

What people are seeing in US mobile market will be repeated everywhere in the world so RIM has it work cut out.
    06-22-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD