A bunch of my friends have been trying to invite me to a BBM group, but it keeps sending the invitation through text messages instead of through BBM, and there is no button to accept, reject or anything.

I figured it might be an upgrade issue, so I tried upgrading my BBM but I got a message that my device cannot support BBM. Which doesn't make sense because it already is installed on my blackberry, I just want to update it.

So I tried downloading the Blackberry Desktop Manager for my Mac OS X Version 10.4.11, and I got this error: "This software does not support your current operating system. Please upgrade to the latest version."

Help! I can't figure out how to update any of the software on my BB, and every thread I've found is usually for other versions of the curve, where those options don't seem to appear on my device. I have the Curve 8330.
    04-02-10 04:25 PM
    In order to join in BlackBerry Messenger Groups, you will need to install the new BlackBerry Messenger v5. That is available through BlackBerry App World.

You will have the original v4 Messenger installed. Use Options / Advanced Options / Applications to remove the old version after the upgrade.

Mac's are great computers, but they are sub optimal when it comes to upgrading a BlackBerry. After you wear yourself out on the uphill stuggle, you will understand why we advise using Windows. Ask a friend for help, a friend with a Windows computer.
    04-02-10 04:56 PM
    Thanks! I just tried going into App World, and after searching everywhere, couldn't find BlackBerry Messenger. In fact, App World froze my BB twice, and I've had to pull the battery each time. So that doesn't seem to be working.

Is there something wrong with my device since when I try to download Version 5 from the blackberry website on my BB browser, it tells me that my device cannot support it?
    04-02-10 05:38 PM