i upgraded from a 9800 to a 9810, i lost my folder of saved email's and about 3000 emails from 8000. i tried a transfer & restore from numerious back ups with no avail. does anyone know where the saved messages are stored if i still might be able to retrieve them?
    12-19-11 10:17 AM
    First open the "messages folder" and click on "view saved messages". You should then see all of your saved messages. If not, pick any message and hit the save message option, then open the Save Messages Folder and then ALL of the lost saved messages will appear. Each time you do a battery pull you are going to have the same problem, when you do, don't worry. Just save any message into the Saved folder and they will all reappear. I had this problem until I downloaded 7.1 and now my saved messages are where they should be.

NOTE: if you don't see the Saved Messages folder on your Home screen, then click the Bberry button, click "show all" and then go back to home screen until you find the Saved messages folder. Click on the icon to remain unhidden and that will at least put the folder back on your home screen if its not there already.

Let me know if this works because it sounds more complicated than it really is. If you are having trouble understanding my temporary fix, send me another message and I'll try to explain it better.
    lmsstec and stangcobra like this.
    12-19-11 12:57 PM
    You need to upgrade your OS to get rid of this problem, which any 9810 OS up through 7.0.0.336 had.

If you do a backup and then immediately restore that backup, you'll see Saved Messages reappear, but they will soon disappear (albeit only from view, not for real) again. That was the temporary work around I used, until the problem was fixed with 7.0.0.439.
    lmsstec likes this.
    12-19-11 03:07 PM
    keyhole thanks for the info, i tried all you stated but still nothing, as soon as i have the time i will try an OS upgrade as JasW had mentioned. thanks for the feedback.
    12-22-11 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD