Telus says I did it right - move the SIM card and SD card from my 9800 to the 9860 then run Desktop Manager Device Switcher to back up all data (except 3rd party apps) from my 9800 and restore them onto my 9860. Problem is, some of the emails on my 9800 are missing from my 9860, and weirdly enough some of the emails that are on my 9860 aren't on my 9800! Neither one matches exactly to my desktop Inbox, but I don't have BES so who knows what I deleted on which device without the deletion being reflected in the other.

Anyway, any ideas on what happened with the difference in emails between the 9800 and 9860? I've tried restoring from backups and that doesn't help, so I think my DM backups are also faulty.

- R.
    01-21-12 02:45 AM
    I'm not a technical expert on these things but here are some of my guesses on what may have happened...

Your new device has been set up to receive your emails (downloading only x days worth of mails prior to activation). Because you've, in effect, set up your BB Service (Push Email) to send your emails to the new device, it relinquished sending to your old device.

If you set up your mail on your new device before restoring your back-up, it may have downloaded (in the background) your email inbox, and when you restored your backup, the inbox was replaced with the old mail that you had, thereby deleting the newer mail it already downloaded.

Have you tried to reconcile your mailbox? If you haven't, you may want to do the following:
    1. Open your mail inbox on your device
    2. Press BB logo for menu
    3. Select Options (this will display Messaging Options)
    4. Select Email Reconciliation
    5. Make sure Wireless Reconcile is checked AND "Mailbox Wins" is selected for Conflicts
    6. Press Back button
    7. Choose Save, then keep pressing Back button to go back to inbox
    8. Press BB Logo for menu
    9. Select "Reconcile Now"

Hope this helps.
    01-21-12 12:45 PM
    Telus says I did it right - move the SIM card and SD card from my 9800 to the 9860 then run Desktop Manager Device Switcher to back up all data (except 3rd party apps) from my 9800 and restore them onto my 9860. Problem is, some of the emails on my 9800 are missing from my 9860, and weirdly enough some of the emails that are on my 9860 aren't on my 9800! Neither one matches exactly to my desktop Inbox, but I don't have BES so who knows what I deleted on which device without the deletion being reflected in the other.

Anyway, any ideas on what happened with the difference in emails between the 9800 and 9860? I've tried restoring from backups and that doesn't help, so I think my DM backups are also faulty.

- R.
    Rooster,
    Something just crossed my mind. Maybe you should try this and see if it helps:
    Go into your e-mail inbox and click the BB button.
    Scroll down to options.
    Select Message Display and Options
    See if the Hide Filed Messages and Hide Sent Messages options are selected? If they are then un-select them. See if you can find your messages now.
    01-21-12 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD