I lost my new bold 9700 and i still know the pin on that device. If i have the pin is there anyway i can get all my bbm contacts? I didn't use the desktop manager when i had it.
    09-26-10 03:04 PM
    Use ABC Amber BB Converter on your latest backup.
    09-26-10 03:26 PM
    can't backup because i never used the desktop manager. And lost the phone
    09-26-10 03:53 PM
    If you never backed up the device and you lost it, there's no way to retrieve any information from it.

Just wondering where exactly you would be expecting to "input" the device PIN in order to retrieve the BBM contacts?
    09-26-10 04:19 PM
    can't backup because i never used the desktop manager. And lost the phone
    Well, that is a major mistake. [/scolding] always make a backup! [/scolding]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 09:15 PM
    Well, that is a major mistake. [/scolding] always make a backup! [/scolding]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you live...you learn. it's ok only had it for a month and had very little bbm contacts
    09-26-10 11:29 PM
    i never use DM either. i use lookout mobile security for backup, but am pretty sure it doesn't do the messenger contacts.
    09-26-10 11:35 PM
    i never use DM either. i use lookout mobile security for backup, but am pretty sure it doesn't do the messenger contacts.
    DM does backup the Messenger contacts as well as the other settings.

Back to the OP - did you think to do the backup to your email address within BBM? If so, when you get a new BB, you just recover your BBM contacts by re-linking it from the email address.
    09-26-10 11:47 PM
    DM does backup the Messenger contacts as well as the other settings.

Back to the OP - did you think to do the backup to your email address within BBM? If so, when you get a new BB, you just recover your BBM contacts by re-linking it from the email address.
    i linked my gmail with my berry so i hope my bbm contacts are on my gmail. I'll find out tomorrow when i buy a bold.
    09-27-10 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD