I searched and can't seem to find any threads on here about it, granted I know some have ran into the same situation, so maybe search isn't working right either, lol!

Anyone know how to get back BBM. I upgraded BBM when I just installed over current one, which was the same...only reason I did it, I wasn't getting my groups to work. Well now I can't find it anywhere...and shows as installed on options and through app world. Not sure how to get it to work, besides reloading the OS, which is tedious....well 1 hour I don't want to waste...

Any help is appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 03:42 PM
    Firstly ensure all files are not hidden on your main screen. If it's still not there i'd suggest deleting bbm then reinstalling it, followed with a battery pull.
    11-23-10 03:57 PM
    Checked every file and still nothing. Even did a BP, twice, lol!

Anything else other than reloading OS?

11-23-10 04:00 PM
    Give the reload a shot and see that it's checked off, also make a backup before proceeding if any changes to contacts were made. To backup faster, disable the e-mail backup feature.

11-23-10 04:03 PM
    Give the reload a shot and see that it's checked off, also make a backup before proceeding if any changes to contacts were made. To backup faster, disable the e-mail backup feature.

Before this delete BBM and reinstall to see whether it pops up again. Otherwise do as Rootbrian says and let us know how you get on.
    howarmat likes this.
    11-23-10 04:06 PM
    exactly, delete and install again and it normally show back up
    11-23-10 04:08 PM
    Well at work right now and didn't want to have to reload the OS again. Figures....should have just left it alone!

What about a restore of data from DM? Can I plug in and do that?

11-23-10 04:09 PM
    If you're at work you can try deleting and reinstalling bbm. Uninstall from options > applications and re-download the latest version from blackberry.com/messnger. A restore won't solve this issue! Let uis know how you get on...
    11-23-10 04:15 PM
    Dang, wish I could just restore, now have to go through the hassle of re installing the OS!

Oh well, one thing is for sure, I am getting good at it, bahaha!

Oh and Silence, I have done that, deleting from options, re-installing and same thing. Many BP's as well.

Since I am bored, I will try it again...grrrr.

11-23-10 04:20 PM
    I had this issue yesterday.

I solved it by:

Deleting BBM from app world.

A BBM icon showed on my home screen (this is the servicebook link to install BBM). I clicked it and re-downloaded and installed BBM.

Problem solved.

11-23-10 04:36 PM
    Silence, you are god sent! Got it working!

I originally used crap app world and didn't think to use bb.com to do it and bingo, bango...popped right up.

Thank you kind sir and also to everyone else. Love this community!

11-23-10 04:42 PM
    Didn't think of that Sarcasm...good advice as well.

11-23-10 04:44 PM
    Okay, since it didn't solve my original issue for even doing this in the first place...

Anyone have a problem with joining groups? I am an avid contributor in a Ps3 group and says "waiting for join response."

Anyone ever get this when adding a group? This is new to me, but maybe it is an os6 .358 bug? Worked fine on .344 os6...

11-23-10 04:50 PM
    Remember a group can only hold a maximum of 30 users. If more requests are sent once the group reaches its maximum, the host is unable to accept your request, leaving you waiting. I would check with he group host to see what they say...
    11-23-10 06:45 PM
    I have and she says she got rid of one and I try and no mas...

That's what I figured It was, just wanted to be sure. Thanks bud!

11-23-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD