Please Help.
    I just upgrade from .979 to .1014 using Shrink-A-OS. But BBM was unchecked before I load it.
    When I got to Option>Application, the BBM is there, but theres nowhere I could find the icon.
    I searched all the folders, but none. Did batt-pull couple times, still nowhere to be found.
    I've also downloaded from Appworld, blackberry.com, also no luck!
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-24-11 12:18 AM
    Is it just 'hidden'? (click 'show all' and check)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 12:30 AM
    Also, make sure you check all your folders, even the instant messaging ones. (make sure you have 'show all' enabled when you do your hunting)

Good luck!

03-24-11 12:31 AM
    when you shrunk the OS, you may have deleted a cod file that BBM needs in order to show up. this happened to me and no matter how many times i redownloaded BBM, the cod file that was missing was an OS file, not one thats included with BBM. you may need to reinstall the OS. i forget what the name of the file was. i think it was a net_rim_bb_messaging cod or something.

try reinstalling the OS and dont shrink it this time. im sure BBM will appear.
    03-24-11 12:32 AM
    I've searched all the folders...
    funny was, on application, there's my BBM shown has been installed.
    BUt the icon gone.

Im re-installed the OS now>>>
    03-24-11 01:10 AM
    I've searched all the folders...
    funny was, on application, there's my BBM shown has been installed.
    BUt the icon gone.

Im re-installed the OS now>>>
    like i said, there is a certain cod file that BBM and appworld need in order for their icons to show, even if they are installed. you probably shrunk it out by mistake.
    03-24-11 01:39 AM
    Once the OS is reinstalled, BBM should work. But next time, don't shrink out stuff you don't know about. It drastically can cripple the system.

03-24-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD