Hey guys! I just upgraded to firmware 5.0 yesterday afternoon and had lost my BBM. (I was previously using BBM 5.0) So I wen to the App Store and reloaded it. No contacts. I had been doing the e-mail backup for cases such as this, tried it, and almost 18 hours later it tells me "Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the Blackberry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process and will complete in a few minutes." Any ideas?

Kat
    11-02-09 09:18 AM
    Still getting this. I think I have given it an ample "few minutes" and have done numerous battery pulls. Any ideas?
    11-02-09 11:32 AM
    Yeah, restore it from a local backup copy or do an advanced resotr using the your desktop manager.
    11-02-09 11:56 AM
    apparently RIM is having some issues. A friend of mine had the same isssues and reloaded from backup but the PIN didnt autoupdate so now none of the contacts have her on their list. Its a freaking mess. Honestly hold off on loaded your list until the restore from email works to maybe save some headaches
    11-02-09 12:06 PM
    Ok. So I reloaded BBM 5.0, then couldn't get in to my SMS. I kept getting the "null" error (that's a whole separate post that has not been resolved yet) even after battery pulls. It would pop up every time I tried to access my SMS and would not let me in to it. So, just went through DM, reloaded 5.0, redownloaded BBM 5.0, restored my data from my 4.7 backup, and now we are good. I still get the "null" error every time I do a battery pull, but at least I can get in to my SMS. Now, if anyone has any solutions for the "null" error PLEASE help a sista out!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/nul...errors-353766/

Kat

P.s> I tried the one solution listed and nada...
    11-02-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD