08-18-10 03:30 AM
64 123
tools
    I think .66 comes with 862. Yes it says 5.0.0 but if you look at the modules and within the app, it's something else. Try one last thing for us. Once you have your device loaded again, launch whatever version it is and accept the EULA. Use BBM to anyone for a few tests. Once all your groups and contacts are restored, then install the latest BBM and let's see what happens.

This is strange. I have that version of BBM on 3 862 mobiles and have not seen this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 08-17-10 at 08:31 AM.
    08-17-10 08:15 AM
    I think .66 comes with 862. Yes it says 5.0.0 but if you look at the modules and within the app, it's something else. Try one last thing for us. Once you have your device loaded again, launch whatever version it is and accept the EULA. Use BBM to anyone for a few tests. Once all your groups and contacts are restored, then install the latest BBM and let's see what happens. Did you check the app switcher on the last OS install and did you do a BB Menu > show all?

This is strange. I have that version of BBM on 3 862 mobiles and have not seen this issue.

Ok im on version 770 now testing.......
    08-17-10 08:30 AM
    Ok, hope this works. I can imagine the frustration.

08-17-10 08:32 AM
    What are your thoughts on upgrading to 862 and just using the default verion in that load? Pretty sure that was 66 in the leak.

08-17-10 08:37 AM
    same result.....BBM disappeared....I guess its a problem with the latest BBM....wiping device for the last time and installing 862 back again
    08-17-10 08:52 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Just pick up this thread makes interesting reading. I started the New BBM 9700 lost 5.0.1.38 thread. Basically I’m in the same boat as Matrix leader; I am in the Middle East in Qatar. My BBM was working fine until I tried to upgrade to BBM 5.0.1.38; that’s when I lost the icon for BBM. I only discovered this when I used Quick Launch to start BBM, then I got a message saying messenger needs to be running “OK”.

Four times I have downloaded and deleted BBM, each time the file goes to Options/Application/add-ons folder and not into the core folder. The number of files that are downloaded are 15 (modules); is this correct? File size has varied from 2.9 to 3.1 Mbytes. I have just deleted BBM again and again I get the BBM messenger icon asking my too upgrade BBM on my front screen. Once I have downloaded the messenger files this Icon disappears as well. If some can tell me how to do a screen capture of my BB and post it so you can see what’s happening.

My last shot at getting the icon back is to try do upgrade via the desk top manager on my PC; after that, I’ll be doing my own version of RIM to the BB9700 is most definitely up for the high speed drop test.
    08-17-10 08:58 AM
    What are your thoughts on upgrading to 862 and just using the default verion in that load? Pretty sure that was 66 in the leak.

that's what i did..... thanks for all your support all the way dude
    08-17-10 08:59 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Just pick up this thread makes interesting reading. I started the New BBM 9700 lost 5.0.1.38 thread. Basically Im in the same boat as Matrix leader; I am in the Middle East in Qatar. My BBM was working fine until I tried to upgrade to BBM 5.0.1.38; thats when I lost the icon for BBM. I only discovered this when I used Quick Launch to start BBM, then I got a message saying messenger needs to be running OK.

Four times I have downloaded and deleted BBM, each time the file goes to Options/Application/add-ons folder and not into the core folder. The number of files that are downloaded are 15 (modules); is this correct? File size has varied from 2.9 to 3.1 Mbytes. I have just deleted BBM again and again I get the BBM messenger icon asking my too upgrade BBM on my front screen. Once I have downloaded the messenger files this Icon disappears as well. If some can tell me how to do a screen capture of my BB and post it so you can see whats happening.

My last shot at getting the icon back is to try do upgrade via the desk top manager on my PC; after that, Ill be doing my own version of RIM to the BB9700 is most definitely up for the high speed drop test.
    08-17-10 09:00 AM
    So to sum this all up....at the end of the day...it wasn't a problem with the latest OS 862....it's a problem within the latest BB Messenger itself....

what I cant find an answr for is....I had this same version installed just like a week ago and everything was fine...only when I chose to downgrade my OS to 681 did I lose it....I guess our ISPs in the Middle East may have blocked the new BBM as part of the way against RIM for not disposing off the code to monitor BBM?
    08-17-10 09:14 AM
    So to sum this all up....at the end of the day...it wasn't a problem with the latest OS 862....it's a problem within the latest BB Messenger itself....

what I cant find an answr for is....I had this same version installed just like a week ago and everything was fine...only when I chose to downgrade my OS to 681 did I lose it....I guess our ISPs in the Middle East may have blocked the new BBM as part of the way against RIM for not disposing off the code to monitor BBM?
    I didn't like to say it earlier, but I think you've hit the nail on the head there Matrix Leader

3 guys on this one page all having the same problem with BBM, and all from the Middle East

Too much of a coincidence? I think not

...BTW it's .680 you downgraded to
    08-17-10 10:08 AM

Matrix, just keep tryin and podting sooner or later we,ll get it fix. It could judt be ou region that's the problem. I will podt what when I try with myDM 2nite.
    08-17-10 10:19 AM
    Maybe this issue ties to the "data security" issues in that region and the proposed solution. Wierd and whacky for sure. I thought about that when I saw where Matrix was but with no others in that region reporting an issue there was not much to back up that theory. This seems to be changing as more users from that region report in having the same issue. 55 was the lasted official release and I remember seeing a link to it in that thread when 38 went live. I'll see if I can find that thread. It was someone not happy with 38 and wanted to roll back to the previous version.
    Last edited by shansmi; 08-17-10 at 11:21 AM.
    08-17-10 10:46 AM
    I thought BBM was one of the main reasons for purchasing a BB. If you do not use BBM, then I personally see no reason to own such a device :-s, what do you use it for? :-s :-s :-s
    Well you thought wrong

Not that it's any of your damn business, but I use a BlackBerry for what they do best... email.
    08-17-10 11:19 AM
    Hi Matrix,
    Hope you got the gist of my last posting full of typos’; it was the end of a 14 hr work day on a bus travelling home using my BB; not a good combination. Back to the problem of BBM.

I tried to use the desk top manager to do a device update. The DM did not register that the BBM software was missing! Now for the fifth time I have downloaded BBM software into Applications/add-on folder, still cannot start it or find icon.

I am going to Europe tomorrow so I will be out the Middle East region; I will try and down load the BBM and let you know what happens. What bugs me a little narhhh a lot is RIM must check sites like CrackBerry forum out from time to time, why have they not provided some assistance!!!???

PS: BBM download file size 3.33 Mbyte and there are 15 files (modules).
    Last edited by Phantom6722; 08-18-10 at 03:32 AM.
    08-18-10 03:30 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD