08-18-10 03:30 AM
64 123
tools
    Can you guide me to where I can get this BBSAK from? I dont even know whats this stand for
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbs...5-09-a-346247/

BBSAK = BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 06:25 PM
    I am sorry, I thought I read once you had "wiped" your device which is only a term used in tools like this.

Go ahead and install BBSAK from the link Phil provided and take the backups before doing anything else. Take one in Desktop Manager and then for your 3rd party apps use BBSAK.

After that just play with BBSAK for a bit and get accustomed to it. Use the various tabs to do reads and saves only etc... no delete type stuff yet. After you are comfortable with doing those things, you can try the procedure above. Worst case is we "wipe" your device and "LoadOS". Remember, the COD files are the guts of your phone. Delete the wrong things and the OS will need to be reloaded.
    08-16-10 06:32 PM
    Everything ok?

08-16-10 07:17 PM
    I am sorry, I thought I read once you had "wiped" your device which is only a term used in tools like this.

Go ahead and install BBSAK from the link Phil provided and take the backups before doing anything else. Take one in Desktop Manager and then for your 3rd party apps use BBSAK.

After that just play with BBSAK for a bit and get accustomed to it. Use the various tabs to do reads and saves only etc... no delete type stuff yet. After you are comfortable with doing those things, you can try the procedure above. Worst case is we "wipe" your device and "LoadOS". Remember, the COD files are the guts of your phone. Delete the wrong things and the OS will need to be reloaded.

Thanks alot for the detailed information. I have downloaded the BBSAK ill finish work in an hour then go home and install it and try teh above.

PS: What I meant when I wiped my device is that when I was doing the upgrade the upgrade failed so I installed the application after doing a batter pull which I *thought* was like a total wipe coz I lost all my apps and settings (thank god there is BB backup but I still lost my themes gotta reinstall them)
    08-16-10 07:23 PM
    Everything ok?
    Yes, hope you'll be awake for the next 1.5 hours though
    08-16-10 07:24 PM
    Ya, I am a night owl till about 0200. It's only 6PM now. We should be good unless the wife tells me I am behind again on chores.

08-16-10 07:31 PM
    Ya, I am a night owl till about 0200. It's only 6PM now. We should be good unless the wife tells me I am behind again on chores.

Thanks alot bro,....sorry I was rude to you at first you turned out to be teh man with teh plan
    08-16-10 07:42 PM
    Ya, I was just going over the other thread. I was mistaken as well. You were not the originator of that other thread, just having the same issue making posts. Somehow I was under that impression. To prevent hijacking, creating your own thread is exactly what you should have done. No problems here. Hopefully after we delete the seemingly corrupt BBM files, a reset and new install of BBM things will be working.

08-16-10 08:06 PM
    Just adding to Shansmi's BBSAK instructions, after you've highlighted the 11 BBM cod files and deleted them.
    After your device restarts, make sure you use BBSAK to Read Device again and look for them. (Try to note the files above and below before deleting.) I find BBSAK very finicky. It will often only let you delete 1 single cod before rebooting, regardless of how many you have selected. If only 1 is gone, that step now takes another 45 minutes by the time you've deleted everything, so keep your fingers crossed.

You may have already tried everything else, but there are some things to try and/or places to look before you need to bother with BBSAK. Now I can't remember what state you're currently in. You have 862 loaded. But did you successfully complete the download of the new BBM?

I think you already said that you held down your MENU button (BB logo) to open the App Switcher, and it wasn't there. Just a note, there is a chance that you could loaded the new BBM but it doesn't appear in the App Switcher yet until you Accept the user agreement.

Look in Options/Applications/Add-on and Options/Applications/Core to see if BBM is listed in either. Is it there? And if so, which one?

If it is, look in your Instant Messaging folder and also your Downloads folder. Click MENU, and click Show All if that's a choice.

Also you mentioned that when trying to download the new BBM it asked you is you wanted to replace previous version. You chose Yes, right?

08-16-10 08:36 PM
    I only found the following.......deleted them......but when I tried installing BBM I still got a message that it still exists...

net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_lib_barcode.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_api.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_en.cod
    08-16-10 09:36 PM
    Ok I give up.....I'm doing a complete wipe using BBSAK then reinstalling the OS...
    08-16-10 09:40 PM
    Hate to hear that. Did you take backups and sync or are you just going to rebuild from scratch?

08-16-10 09:43 PM
    I already have a back up dude thanks for asking.....lets see.......almost loaded
    08-16-10 09:48 PM
    To my surprise......I posted this same problem on the BB forums and I only got 1 reply from the moderator which gives no help......i guess people are more intelligent here

Lost BB Messenger - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    08-16-10 09:49 PM
    After the wipe is done......what do u think is the best way to go about updating the default version of BBM to the latest version?

Restore back up first......or try to update online first?
    08-16-10 09:50 PM
    Even after the complete OS wipe / reinstallation........I didn't do anything not even restore my previous settings.....I downloaded the new BBM it asked me do I want to replace with the new version? I answered yes....then I rebooted the device when prompted and tada......BBM GONE again!

I am wiping the OS again and I guess I'll just stick to the original BBM for now......

In the past.....when I had this same OS (862) and I installed the new BBM it worked right away.....only after I had downgraded to 681 for a few hours did I start having these problems.......
    08-16-10 10:10 PM
    No. Don't wipe it again. This makes no sense. The icon must be in the IM folder, the downloads folder or maybe hidden in either place. Have you tried the BB Menu > show all option? It must be an add-on app if you installed it manually after loading the OS. It is sitting somewhere waiting for you to accept the EULA.

08-16-10 11:04 PM
    What happened?

08-17-10 12:57 AM
    LOL. I have no idea what I'm talking about... I just make it up as I go along, but I do sound convincing

Seriously though, I don't even use BBM and I'm kinda out of my depth now with this one.

You should apologise, and listen to Shansmi... because he does know what he's talking about
    I thought BBM was one of the main reasons for purchasing a BB. If you do not use BBM, then I personally see no reason to own such a device :-s, what do you use it for? :-s :-s :-s

08-17-10 02:31 AM
    No. Don't wipe it again. This makes no sense. The icon must be in the IM folder, the downloads folder or maybe hidden in either place. Have you tried the BB Menu > show all option? It must be an add-on app if you installed it manually after loading the OS. It is sitting somewhere waiting for you to accept the EULA.

Sorry I was sleeping dude....Just woke up (14:40)

Anyway, I'll try what you said but it's strange.....
    08-17-10 06:52 AM
    I just installed the 5.0.138 version again......checked each and every single folder....not there...it just disappeared from the IM folder like it was before......

I checked my applications in the settings and it is listed there with all the right modules under ADD-ONS......

someone please tell me what the heck is goin' on? :S

PS: I did make sure that I am using the default theme and that I have SHOWALL enabled
    08-17-10 07:07 AM
    Seems like i'm not the only one with this problem...

Read this guys.........seems like a problem from the BB Network someone said.......

How to re-install BlackBerry Messenger | BB Geeks
    08-17-10 07:12 AM
    Ok I am wiping my device now and installing version 770....let's see how this goes......
    08-17-10 07:33 AM
    My brother updated BBM to 5.0.1.38 on his 9700 and for some reason the same thing happened it totally disappeared from the phone even though you can still find it in the Add-on. I removed it and update to the latest official OS and BBM 5.0 was there so we updated BBM again the same issue. I think the new BBM version is having some issues with 9700 or something because the icon doesn't show up but the app still shows in the Add-On section of the applications
    08-17-10 07:34 AM
    My brother updated BBM to 5.0.1.38 on his 9700 and for some reason the same thing happened it totally disappeared from the phone even though you can still find it in the Add-on. I removed it and update to the latest official OS and BBM 5.0 was there so we updated BBM again the same issue. I think the new BBM version is having some issues with 9700 or something because the icon doesn't show up but the app still shows in the Add-On section of the applications
    Abood what software version was your brother using?? I was using 862...

This is my last try now...I am installing software version 770 and trying to update my BBM if it did the same issue ill completeley wipe my device and just keep the old BBM....

PS: BTW I work in Orbit Showtime Network technical support are you a subscriber?
    08-17-10 07:54 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD