I just updated to 5.0.1.37. After an update it asked me to reboot the system, I chose "reboot now" and the device had restarted itself.
    The next thing I know, all my bbm contacts are in place, all my emails are there, all my text messages are there, bul all my phone book contacs are mssing!
    When someone who was previously on it calls me, it only displays the number and no name. I also tried cheking all the filters out no change.
    I guess they all have been wiped out. Has anyone had this happen to them and is there anyway to get them back aside from the pc system restore?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 05:41 PM
    Restore em from your backup or sync em with your contact manager. No other way for em to be restored.
    09-04-10 05:48 PM
    As above or for future use I would use the app databackup free which is available in appworld which will backup contacts and emails plus call logs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 04:24 AM
    Yep I had the same incredible surprise. But the latest update included a way to backup before installing but yeah ive learned my lesson : SYNC SYNC SYNC
    09-05-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD