Ok, I know its a tad early to compare the 2 i think, but whatcha think? Does one have an advantage over the other?
    03-05-11 12:43 PM
    What does Blackberry protect do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 10:00 PM
    Lookout is good. I used it on my Droid, and I use it on my BlackBerry. I'd use it over Protect, but it's based on personal bias.
    03-06-11 04:01 PM
    BlackBerry Protect offers remote wipe free of charge.
    03-06-11 04:09 PM
    Lookout hands down. It's cross platform and has not only a more mature database, but is free. Blackberry Protect would be a no go for me.
    03-06-11 04:17 PM
    Lookout, has antivirus scan. Not sure about protect, and also have it on my DrOId.

Wayne N. Davis (waydavis) on Twitter

03-06-11 05:50 PM
    Lookout, has antivirus scan. Not sure about protect, and also have it on my DrOId.

Wayne N. Davis (waydavis) on Twitter

Don't mean to sound like a noob but how often (if any at all) do blackberrys get viruses and how do we get them? I ask because I also use lookout and have noticed the AV option and I've always heard rumors about bb msgs with viruses but don't know of anyone actually getting one. And on the flip side I've heard bbs can't get viruses which would make that AV option useless for bbs.
    P.s. I was also looking for a good comparison between the 2.

Last edited by da_macster; 03-07-11 at 11:35 PM.
    03-07-11 11:33 PM
    Or is it too much? Would they interfere with each other? And running two protection apps doing something in the background (at least Lookout is in the background all the time) would have negative impact on Blackberry performance, right? What do you think guys?
    03-24-11 03:18 PM
    I have both because I can't decide if I like Protect yet... it doesn't seem to be able to locate my device, whereas Lookout does. The only reason I like it is because it backs up text messages and while I have mIQ, I can only see the last 100 which makes me nervous that they'll lose them all.
    03-25-11 04:11 PM
    I've used Lookout for about a year - great for simple back-ups of contacts, but have had problems when it cannot locate my phone - and the only time I really wanted to locate it, it didn't!

Been playing with Protect - a couple of advantages I've found (apart from it being able to find my phone all the time) is that it doesn't appear in the running tasks screen so you don't see it running (if someone had got your phone they'd see it) - and the ability to lock and password protect your device remotely. I also like the message capability - if my daughter's 'borrowed' my phone to play games I can send the message and she returns it!
    03-28-11 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD