Hi guys, bit of a strange one here that I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me with.

As the title says really, when receiving a new Blackberry Messenger message, the red LED indicator does not seem to be doing it's normal little 'every two second' flashing. So I have to touch the screen each time I want to see if something is there. I do use it quite heavily, but I don't see how this could make a difference really?

I have gone in to edit my profile (is currently in silent) and checked that the indicator is set to flash when receiving a new BBM, which it is.

It flashes fine when receiving a text message, e-mail, or WhatsApp message, just not BBM. Have tried battery pulling etc as well, but still no joy.

Any ideas people?

Many thanks in advance.
    06-10-11 10:35 AM
    OS Verison?
    06-10-11 10:51 AM
    Not entirely sure how to check, but if this is right (options - device - about device versions) then the following is displayed:

BlackBerry 9800
    smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    v6.0.0.246 (Bundle 695, platform 6.4.0.105)

I have never altered anything on the phone since new when it comes to the operating system, as I'm not entirely sure how to!
    06-10-11 11:01 AM
    Hm. Strange one. Ever downloaded an app that changes the led colours or nething? Otherwise just upgrade your software version. Plug it into your computer and it should ask to update it automatically with the Blackberry Desktop Manager running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 11:07 AM
    Hello Nash, no, I did download a daft colour changer thing on my previous Bold, but never on here. Does seem very strange I agree, haven't heard of it before.

When I select 'Try It' as well after you have selected the relevant settings in the profile management, it does flash then as well, which is even more odd!
    06-10-11 11:10 AM
    Still nothing. :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD