I have the bold 9000 for a year now and I love it! However, for the case holster, it keep falling off my belt, and sometimes I don't even realize it fell off. Today, I was in the library, I realize that the holster have fallen off and lost somewhere. So I was thinking about purchasing a new case, maybe those leather pocket pouch cases.

I was wondering if you suggest this case, or the holster? I just don't want to get the holster because I might lose my bold with the holster without knowing it.
    03-10-10 11:06 AM
    I have a friend who has this one. http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Its pretty nice looking on the phone and come sin many colors and goes in pocket easily. I replaced the holster my Tour came with for a similiar one except the Tour version and I like it a lot better. I personally cant stand the utility belt look of having a holster on my belt so it works well for me. Also they have the magnetic sensor to sleep your blackberry.
    03-10-10 11:27 AM
    im not really a big fan of pouches cause eventualy they get loose and my phone slides out i have the 9700 with the holster now and it works pretty good havnt had any problems with it but im gonna just go get an otterbox case soon and toss the holdster cause i have a tentancy to drop my phone
    03-10-10 11:30 AM
    I've had a leather pouch for my 9000 for over a year now and absolutely love it. It's slim and not bulky. I haven't had any problems with it getting loose. I absolutely dislike the holster - far too bulky and cumbersome.
    03-10-10 11:52 AM
    Yeah. Unless you're wedging other stuff in there it shouldn't get that loose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 11:57 AM
    I used the pouch for a while and didn't like it. Instead, I just clip the holster inside my purse, it's easier to just slide my phone down into and doesn't get lost. I doubt you have that problem though- with the purse and all...
    03-10-10 11:59 AM
    03-10-10 11:59 AM
    I have the Seidio Innocase Snap

And the Seidio Innocase Spring Holster

This combo works real well for me.
    The snap case is non obtrusive when out of the holster and clips in/out the holster easily.
    With the snap case I also use a zagg shield on the LCD.
    03-10-10 12:30 PM
    Thanks for posting your suggestions, yeah I hate the holsters. So I'll get the pouch
    03-10-10 12:33 PM
    WARNING!!! Accroding to RIM, you must use a holster-type device with a belt clip. The 9000 should not be worn in your pocket. here is the information from the "Safety and product Information" manual, pages 17-18:

"To maintain compliance with FCC, IC, MIC, and EU RF exposure guidelines when you carry the BlackBerry device on your body, use only accessories equipped with an integrated belt clip that are supplied or approved by Research In Motion (RIM). Use of accessories that are not expressly
    approved by RIM might violate FCC, IC, and EU RF exposure guidelines and might void any warranty applicable to the BlackBerry device. If you do not use a body-worn accessory equipped with an integrated belt clip supplied or approved by RIM when you carry the BlackBerry device, keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry
    device is turned on and connected to a wireless network. When using any data feature of the BlackBerry device, with or without a USB cable, hold the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body. If you use a body-worn accessory not supplied by RIM when you carry the BlackBerry device, verify that the accessory does not contain metal and keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry device is turned on and connected to a wireless network."

then, on page 19,

"The highest reported SAR value for this BlackBerry device when clipped on a belt, in a Research In Motion approved holster equipped with an integrated belt clip, is outlined below. Carrying solutions, including RIM approved carrying solutions and carrying solutions not approved by RIM, that do not come equipped with an integrated belt clip SHOULD NOT be worn or carried
    on the body. For more information regarding the wearing or carrying of this BlackBerry device without using a RIM approved carrying solution equipped with an integrated belt clip, see the Holster information in the "Additional safety guidelines" section of this document."

Here is a link to the entire document: BlackBerry Bold 9000 Series - Manuals and Guides
    03-10-10 12:44 PM
    one word, OTTERBOX...you won't regret it...
    03-10-10 12:47 PM
    WARNING!!! Accroding to RIM, you must use a holster-type device with a belt clip. The 9000 should not be worn in your pocket. here is the information from the "Safety and product Information" manual, pages 17-18:

"To maintain compliance with FCC, IC, MIC, and EU RF exposure guidelines when you carry the BlackBerry device on your body, use only accessories equipped with an integrated belt clip that are supplied or approved by Research In Motion (RIM). Use of accessories that are not expressly
    approved by RIM might violate FCC, IC, and EU RF exposure guidelines and might void any warranty applicable to the BlackBerry device. If you do not use a body-worn accessory equipped with an integrated belt clip supplied or approved by RIM when you carry the BlackBerry device, keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry
    device is turned on and connected to a wireless network. When using any data feature of the BlackBerry device, with or without a USB cable, hold the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body. If you use a body-worn accessory not supplied by RIM when you carry the BlackBerry device, verify that the accessory does not contain metal and keep the BlackBerry device at least 0.98 inches (25 mm) from your body when the BlackBerry device is turned on and connected to a wireless network."

then, on page 19,

"The highest reported SAR value for this BlackBerry device when clipped on a belt, in a Research In Motion approved holster equipped with an integrated belt clip, is outlined below. Carrying solutions, including RIM approved carrying solutions and carrying solutions not approved by RIM, that do not come equipped with an integrated belt clip SHOULD NOT be worn or carried
    on the body. For more information regarding the wearing or carrying of this BlackBerry device without using a RIM approved carrying solution equipped with an integrated belt clip, see the Holster information in the "Additional safety guidelines" section of this document."

Here is a link to the entire document: BlackBerry Bold 9000 Series - Manuals and Guides
    Yeah, that's why RIM themselves supply the pocket pouch. I wouldn't worry about it. I have the pocket pouch and love it. I can't stand holsters. they actually get in the way for me. If you want a holster get one, if you want a pouch get that. The warning is because their legal department had to address the hysteria surrounding cell phones and their unproven link to tumors.

03-11-10 07:15 PM

then, on page 19,

Yeah, that's why RIM themselves supply the pocket pouch. I wouldn't worry about it. I have the pocket pouch and love it. I can't stand holsters. they actually get in the way for me. If you want a holster get one, if you want a pouch get that. The warning is because their legal department had to address the hysteria surrounding cell phones and their unproven link to tumors.

If you are that afraid of them, please don't hold it in your hand when you use it, you'll get a tumor on your hand quicker than a wart from touching a toad.

03-11-10 07:16 PM
    03-11-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD