03-11-11 07:32 AM
32 12
tools
    Not sure of the change log but this is from the .481 OS leak

BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    BBM 5.0.1.49 (Desktop) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

Please back-up before trying and try at your own risk!

Its been confirmed that the cursor bug is gone in this build
    Last edited by lyricidal; 02-26-11 at 08:15 PM.
    tgellr, DawgMan, Maseroche and 1 others like this.
    02-26-11 06:57 PM
    couldnt get it to work on mine..
    02-26-11 09:02 PM
    Not sure of the change log but this is from the .481 OS leak

BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    BBM 5.0.1.49 (Desktop) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums

Please back-up before trying and try at your own risk!

Its been confirmed that the cursor bug is gone in this build
    How would you compare it to BBM 6.0.0.31?
    02-26-11 09:04 PM
    Between this already out in the field with OS's carriers are testing and BBM6 in the works, you've really got to wonder why they bothered with a 5.0.2.X generation, let alone releasing it from Beta Zone.
    02-26-11 09:06 PM
    Between this already out in the field with OS's carriers are testing and BBM6 in the works, you've really got to wonder why they bothered with a 5.0.2.X generation, let alone releasing it from Beta Zone.
    My guess would be that not all devices that support BBM 5 will be capable of supporting BBM 6, so they still need to maintain a separate 5 code base.
    02-26-11 09:14 PM
    My guess would be that not all devices that support BBM 5 will be capable of supporting BBM 6, so they still need to maintain a separate 5 code base.
    Ha! Started wondering same a bit after I posted

I wonder how far back BBM6 will reach?
    02-26-11 09:44 PM
    Hey lyricidal, I've tested this new leaked BBM on my 9650 OS 6.0.0.466.

Everything went well, display profile restored perfectly, and my cursor bug is fixed. Can't seem any differences with BBM beta 5.2.0.11 on betazone though.
    The good news is It didn't require any keycode!

That's all. Sorry for my bad english btw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lyricidal and DawgMan like this.
    02-27-11 12:07 AM
    All, I'm convenient with BBM 5.0.2.11.. I don't want any earlier version...

not to mention if I must do device wipe just to include the version for installation or to input certain Beta access code...

Awaiting for solid proof of better performance BBM 6 onwards...
    02-27-11 12:14 AM
    Thanks for the OTA link! Cursor is back.
    02-27-11 04:12 AM
    All, I'm convenient with BBM 5.0.2.11.. I don't want any earlier version...

not to mention if I must do device wipe just to include the version for installation or to input certain Beta access code...

Awaiting for solid proof of better performance BBM 6 onwards...
    As am I. I don't see any need to downgrade my BBM when .2.11 works perfect. I don't even know if the BBM could be called .2.11, it's more of a hybrid BBM. Says its BBM 6 and in App Management, the picture is the calender.
    02-27-11 06:56 AM
    As am I. I don't see any need to downgrade my BBM when .2.11 works perfect. I don't even know if the BBM could be called .2.11, it's more of a hybrid BBM. Says its BBM 6 and in App Management, the picture is the calender.
    I switched from the BZ release to BBM6 .31 pretty quickly, so I was wondering what you meant by "says it's BBM 6" above? I don't disbelieve you, but would posting up a screenshot for curiosity's sake? (Thanks!)

The incorrect icon in the app list is actually not a new phenomenon or exclusive to BBM. There have been several times in OS5 and OS6 where I've noticed a native app with an incorrect icon. Sloppy Waterlooians!
    02-27-11 07:24 AM
    I will post a screenshot when my computer is done updating. But I will describe what happened.
    I updated my OS to .450 with the Blazin Torch hybrid which includes BBM 6. After the update was done, I didn't have a BBM icon, but it said it was installed. I was missing a certain Cod file so I couldn't even use appworld. I decided to go onto my computer, and find that cod file because I have 2 different OSes on my computer and 4 hybrids. I did find it, and updated my BBM. It still says its 6.0.0.13 (or whatever the exact version is. But I only have about 2 6.0 files. The rest are .2.11 or 6.1. My BBM now seems to run faster then when it was just .2.11 with no cursor issue whatsoever.

Here it shows 6.0

Can't get a picture of the cods and versions. The cods when I load it in apploader all say 5.0.2.11 so I'll right the cods and version it says on the phone.
    net_rim_bbapi_blackberrymessenger - 6.1.0.7
    net_rim_bbgroup_calender/database/inbox/lists/messenging/photos - 5.0.2.11 net_rim_bb_qm_api/lib_barcode/peer/peer_images/peer_lib/peer_resource_en - 5.0.2.11
    net_rim_bb_qm_bbm_internal_api/platform - 6.0.0.31

Every "/xxxx" is just another word instead of "calender", "api" and "bbm_internal_api"
    Last edited by McStoner; 02-27-11 at 07:05 PM.
    02-27-11 08:27 AM
    I've been using BBM 6.0.0.31 and it runs very smooth, but as always lyricidal, thanks for the information, it is always appreciated.
    02-27-11 08:42 AM
    I've been using BBM 6.0.0.31 and it runs very smooth, but as always lyricidal, thanks for the information, it is always appreciated.
    I'm in the same boat as Dawgman with BBM 6.0.0.31 and it is really smooth. But thanks for the heads up.
    02-27-11 09:11 AM
    I switched from the BZ release to BBM6 .31 pretty quickly, so I was wondering what you meant by "says it's BBM 6" above? I don't disbelieve you, but would posting up a screenshot for curiosity's sake? (Thanks!)

The incorrect icon in the app list is actually not a new phenomenon or exclusive to BBM. There have been several times in OS5 and OS6 where I've noticed a native app with an incorrect icon. Sloppy Waterlooians!

I had the same issue, when I tried to upgrade the BBM. In the applications list it showed BBM 6.0.0.31 but had the calendar icon, but no actual BBM icon on the screen. I did a wipe and resored the OS, signed up for BZ testing for BBM 5.0.21, got the key code and used that to install BBM 6.0.0.31.
    02-27-11 10:35 AM
    Thanks lyricidal. I downloaded and installed this, and it's been a couple of hours everything seems okay. The bug cursor is definitely gone and it won't scroll up to the top of chat window like crazy like it used to.

Edit: Did you guys notice with OS6 BBM version you can't save your contact's profile picture anymore? Is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited by fusioncal; 02-28-11 at 01:37 AM.
    02-28-11 01:17 AM
    Thanks lyricidal. I downloaded and installed this, and it's been a couple of hours everything seems okay. The bug cursor is definitely gone and it won't scroll up to the top of chat window like crazy like it used to.

Edit: Did you guys notice with OS6 BBM version you can't save your contact's profile picture anymore? Is there a way to fix this?
    you can save your contact profile picture by pressing view contact profile then hit bb button scroll down, you'll find the option to enlarge or save display picture.

02-28-11 03:02 AM
    How is this BBM compared to .2.11 and 6? I think I might use it because I read someones post somewhere saying these files were compiled after the BBM 6 files.

02-28-11 02:07 PM
    How is this BBM compared to .2.11 and 6? I think I might use it because I read someones post somewhere saying these files were compiled after the BBM 6 files.

I'd go with 5.0.2.11 as that is newer/more refined (despite what the dates say)
    5.0.2.11 will probably be the next official, 5.0.1.49 was an in-betweener build
    02-28-11 06:08 PM
    BBM 5.0.1.49 (OTA Download Link)

Link updated as the one posted in the original post is no longer working, I tested it from my BB:

Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    03-02-11 10:30 AM
    Yeah we had to kill the shortened link cuz RIM sent a request for takedown (but to our URL shoreteNer, not me) - I've got it on my host still til I get sent it

03-02-11 10:54 AM
    Yeah we had to kill the shortened link cuz RIM sent a request for takedown (but to our URL shoreteNer, not me) - I've got it on my host still til I get sent it

No probs bro Link updated
    03-02-11 11:03 AM
    When is the official version going to be released for the Torch? Anyone of you in here knows that?
    03-02-11 09:10 PM
    doesnt seem to wan to show chats in messages inbox... makes it useless to me :S
    03-07-11 10:26 AM
    When is the official version going to be released for the Torch? Anyone of you in here knows that?
    No nobody knows that, or if it will even happen at all. If this version is ever officially released, it will be short-lived, as RIM wants to move ahead to 5.0.2.X and BBM6
    03-07-11 09:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD