Just installed newest version of bbm and would like to know if its possible to uninstall this and re install the prior version i had, think it was 5.0.0.58 maybe? I just don't like the display on the new bbm, its only slightly different but just prefer the prior version.
    09-04-10 11:34 AM
    If you were to load an older OS version onto your pc, then onto your BB, you would also be able to load the older version of BBM it came with...
    09-04-10 11:38 AM
    My OS is still 5.0.0.351. Just want to get the version of bbm before this one that I installed
    09-04-10 11:40 AM
    I think this may help you out:
    BBM5 - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    09-04-10 12:26 PM
    Just installed newest version of bbm and would like to know if its possible to uninstall this and re install the prior version i had, think it was 5.0.0.58 maybe? I just don't like the display on the new bbm, its only slightly different but just prefer the prior version.
    If you go into your application center, it will show you all the apps that are installed and show their versions. It should give you the option to "downgrade". If that don't work you should be able to do it through Desktop manager
    09-04-10 12:36 PM
    Use this link for BBM version 5.0.0.66.
    Blackberry Messenger v5.0.0.66 - @BBtweeps
    Clicking this link from your BB will allow you to DL OTA and it will overwrite the higher version you have now.
    09-04-10 12:56 PM
    Oh before you downgrade, have you tried switching BBM "themes" in its Options?

By default it's set to Bubbles. I use Stripes — maybe try that instead first.

If you send/receive photos over BBM with anyone, you really want to keep the new version. Files fully sent/received immediately, so no more "expired."
    09-04-10 01:00 PM
    Oh one last point: this isn't a 9700 issue per se. You should really have posted this in the Native Apps forum.

Maybe a Mod will be nice enough to move you over...
    09-04-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD