Hey guys,

I've unlocked the engineering screens (yes I know, dangerous, blah blah). Wondering if anyone knows the process for BBM? Sometimes I get invited to group chats with loads of people that are hard to get out of, instead of removing BBM i'd like to just close it instead.

The engineering screen has a task manager, so I could use this to end BBM but im not sure what the process is called. Anyone know?

Thanks!
    ixa
    09-30-10 05:16 PM
    dont think its possible... its in the root to boot if its installed
    09-30-10 05:23 PM
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer = blackberry messenger

Just turn off auto refresh so they are not constantly changing position in the list.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-30-10 at 07:06 PM.
    09-30-10 07:01 PM
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer = blackberry messenger

Just turn off auto refresh so they are not constantly changing position in the list.
    but does that turn it off/disable it?

i dont think it does.
    09-30-10 07:08 PM
    but does that turn it off/disable it?

i dont think it does.
    It kills the process, hence killing the app running... It doesnt remove it from the device, just closes it until you click on it again.
    So yep, it does turn it off.

Blackberry messenger is not in the root of the operating system. Its just another separate application, with separate modules. Just as the phone app is, the messaging app, browser and a few more.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-30-10 at 07:45 PM.
    09-30-10 07:40 PM
    Thanks gbsn, just the answer I was looking for! Tried killing the process and it worked fine
    10-02-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD