03-04-11 02:39 PM
    Maybe this means RIM will actually start learning how to market their products!
    03-04-11 02:50 PM
    I hope so

-----------------
    03-04-11 02:58 PM
    Time to hire someone who knows wtf they are doing.
    03-04-11 03:11 PM
    Haha yeah I can see this as being a good thing for RIM.
    03-04-11 03:28 PM
    "Citing personal reasons" = "Because it's become undeniably obvious to myself, everyone around me, and the millions (and millions) of members of CrackBerry.com that I absolutely suck at my job."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 03:29 PM
    lol if only
    03-04-11 03:36 PM
    "Citing personal reasons" = "Because it's become undeniably obvious to myself, everyone around me, and the millions (and millions) of members of CrackBerry.com that I absolutely suck at my job."

Now that is funny.

03-04-11 04:12 PM
    Yeah their ad campaigns were just terrible. I mean BBM flirt? No.

They need to connect with Millennials both in the corporate world and otherwise. They need to connect with High Schoolers & College Kids. This guy clearly had no idea how to do that.
    03-04-11 04:33 PM
    I'm thinking he was made resign . So they can bring someone better

03-04-11 05:39 PM
    I do hope they already have someone in position to take over and lead the way
    if I ever see the sales manager leave RIM, I'll be throwing over my resume,

but I wouldn't want to clean up the marketing mess left, and face apple head on with all the bad press generated.
    03-04-11 06:10 PM
    Yeah their ad campaigns were just terrible. I mean BBM flirt? No..
    Yeah, where would they ever get an idea like that???

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/
    03-04-11 07:39 PM
    maybe well see commercials and i wont be the person who brings the news to people who dont visit these sites :O. i mean i didn't learn about it till i actually got a blackberry phone in which i only learned about the torch by seeing it in a at&t store. We should be bombarded by information, commercials, and advertising in general till we think of rim as apple get confused and wind up buying both forgetting what we got go home realize what we did. i think this might be a step in a good direction and by leave i think one of the head ceo's ran the guy over with his car, it was a mercy killing.
    03-04-11 10:02 PM
    Got to wonder if the flap with RIM being dropped by their ad agency back in November might have lit the fuse for this. They supposedly have a $200 million advertising budget, from which we've seen exactly ... what?
    03-04-11 11:39 PM
    So the viewing public won't be unmercifully exposed to Will.i.am and all of this horrible wannabe musicians touting how great Blackberry and BBM are. Wow, I never thought we'd see the end of that.
    03-06-11 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD