Is there away to have bbm off automatically? So when I turn my phone on or reeboot I don't have to manually close it. Curve 8530 .886

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 06:34 PM
    no, it is a core app... your only option is just to uninstall it if you do not with to use it.
    09-28-10 06:36 PM
    Closing it does absolutely nothing. It's still running, and if you have contacts your status will be unchanged. Only disabling option is as Fubaz said. Delete it. That may take a tad of effort, depending on how it's installed on your phone. If it's in Add-Ons, piece of cake.
    09-28-10 06:44 PM
    Yup either remove it or just don't check it.
    09-28-10 08:29 PM
    CAUTION: If you don't understand what an .alx file is or it's syntax then you should prob not attempt home brain surgery.

You have to change the .alx file by editing the required field for BBM from true to false. Otherwise std loader won't allow you to uncheck the BBM app to "uninstall."
    Last edited by bdeustis; 10-05-10 at 07:29 PM.
    10-05-10 07:23 PM
    Is there away to have bbm off automatically? So when I turn my phone on or reeboot I don't have to manually close it. Curve 8530 .886

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you can "wipe" it and start all over if you want. but then you will have to input everything all over again.
    10-06-10 11:21 AM
    It wont hurt to have it and just not use it.
    10-06-10 11:53 AM
    You don't have to edit the alx, or wipe the device. Make sure the OS you are currently using is on your PC, or choose an upgrade if you like. Either use BBHybrids Tool (Public Version) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums, or hand delete these files:

net_rim_bb_qm_api
    net_rim_bb_qm_lib_barcode
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_lib
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource (all languages)
    net_rim_bbgroup_calendar
    net_rim_bbgroup_database
    net_rim_bbgroup_inbox
    net_rim_bbgroup_lists
    net_rim_bbgroup_messaging
    net_rim_bbgroup_photos

From Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->Shared->Loader Files->(Your OS Folder)->Java, then go to Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->delete the vendor.xml file->click on loader.exe and run it. Keep in mind if you're upgrading the OS, you should make backups first. There are PC screen shots, and instructions for upgrading here:

10-06-10 01:36 PM
    You don't really close BBM anyway. It's one of the 4 or 5 apps that are always running: home, phone, browser, bbm, messages.

You can remove it as stated above.
    10-06-10 01:43 PM
    While Big Bad is correct, I hope the next thread is not a "I nuked my berry" thread.

Please read, re-read then read again. Make sure you understand if you try it.
    10-06-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD