Hi guys. Just got my super sick Storm 2 today. I did a backup this morning of my Storm 1, so I am under the assumption that all I have to do is plug in the Storm 2 to blackberry desktop manager and it will put all of the old information from my Storm 1 on the Storm 2, but I am worried it is going to erase some of the new applications/features on the Storm 2.

Can someone maybe explain the best way I should do this? Should I bring it into Verizon and have them do it?

Thanks guys!
    11-04-09 12:21 PM
    Same boat - S2 coming today.

so what is process for 3rd party apps that might be looking for a PIN. Do I have to send an email to the third party support in order to request new app configured for the new PIN?
    11-04-09 12:27 PM
    We all are in the same boat, I just posted a thread on this myself. You would use Device Switch on DM to move your information over. All you do is type in the pin and let it rock.

My question was does Storm 2 need to be activated when we do this. My gut tells me no, but I'm hoping for a firm answer.
    11-04-09 12:31 PM
    No your phone doesn't have to be activated to transfer the data to it. But why wouldn't you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 01:11 PM
    Well if you got the 3rd party apps from the crackberry store, you can just resend, and redownload, update the PIN, input unlock code, you good to go. That's what I did with my games. Contacts, if you backed it up, just restore. Media, I just saved it on the desktop, and drag and drop in the folders. It's pretty easy homies, good luck and enjoy S2.
    11-04-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD