10-24-11 04:17 PM
34 12
tools
    I wish I would have gotten more involved when BBM was the craze... it sounds like a cool platform. However, the only people I know with blackberries are my wife and mother/father (not that even would use it).

It wouldn't really help RIM, but it would help the BBM platform if they would open it up to other markets (Android Market and App Store).
    10-23-11 11:08 PM
    I wish I would have gotten more involved when BBM was the craze... it sounds like a cool platform. However, the only people I know with blackberries are my wife and mother/father (not that even would use it).

It wouldn't really help RIM, but it would help the BBM platform if they would open it up to other markets (Android Market and App Store).
    It would drastically change the BBM platform if the opened it up

would they remove compression and have it no longer go through the NOC?
    how would file transfer be handled?
    would they kill PIN adding? how would non users register? how what would happen to BBM integrated applications? with even MORE screen resolutions to deal with,
    10-23-11 11:14 PM
    It would drastically change the BBM platform if the opened it up

would they remove compression and have it no longer go through the NOC?
    how would file transfer be handled?
    would they kill PIN adding? how would non users register? how what would happen to BBM integrated applications? with even MORE screen resolutions to deal with,
    Yeah, it's a bad idea, I look at my BBM as an exclusive private club, I have other ways of contacting other smartphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-24-11 01:28 AM
    400 BBM contacts and since iPhone 4S launch...that number is slowely going down.
    I have atleast lost 20 contacts. whom have all either switched to android or the iphone
    Still holding on to my Bold 9900.
    Working at Rogers isnt making it any easier T_T Love my BB and cant live without BBM but im contemplating on making a switch :'(
    10-24-11 02:12 AM
    So is the smartphone adopters still growing faster that RIM is still adding subcribers but losing marketshare. Or is RIM really is losing subscribers and defecting to other platforms?
    10-24-11 02:28 AM
    So is the smartphone adopters still growing faster that RIM is still adding subcribers but losing marketshare. Or is RIM really is losing subscribers and defecting to other platforms?
    Yes, the smartphone market is growing so fast Rim is adding new subscribers and losing marketshare at the same time. Rim has over 70 million active subscribers now.

10-24-11 02:31 AM
    Winnipeg here also. I honestly do not know anyone personally that has an iPhone. I see them around, sure (or they could be android devices), but all my friends/family have BlackBerry's or just have dumbphones.

I think I am, as deRusett put it, a friends/family anchor. I was the first to have one in my circle, and now most/all do. But if I were to switch to some other platform, would everyone else migrate? No, I don't think so -- and that is the merit of the BB's.
    10-24-11 09:17 AM
    I've had lots drop since the ip4 came out but for some reason, the release of the os7 phones, a bunch of them are coming back.

10-24-11 01:53 PM
    hailing from the Caribbean and trust me, BBM rules in my country....go RIM!!!
    10-24-11 04:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD