Essentially what the problem is that I'm describing is for those who've upgraded from BBM 5ish to BBM6 and are unable to send pictures or files through BBM, getting stuck at the "description" box and only able to select "cancel" and not "send." My fix is in no way a technical fix, it's just what worked. It basically consisted of:
    - removing BBM6 through Blackberry Desktop manager
    - reinstalling BBM 5.0.1.2 as required by desktop manager
    - reinstalling BBM6 through bb app world
    - restoring BBM6 installation (with all my contacts) from the backup I made to keep everything.

It works. I can send pics. The version of BBM6 i'm using is .129 which was the version I was using before to try and send pics but to no avail.
    thecoach1999 likes this.
    08-13-11 09:10 PM
    Hi there, I have the same issue. Can I ask u about the last step? What do you mean by restoring bbm 6 instalation?
    08-18-11 07:23 AM
    Let me know if it stays working. I deleted 6.0 and reinstalled it the other day and it appeared to work. A few hours later it went back to not sending.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-18-11 05:36 PM
    Hi there, I have the same issue. Can I ask u about the last step? What do you mean by restoring bbm 6 instalation?
    Bro, what it means is that from dm, there is an option to restore only bbm database. hope the steps mentioned by the op solves ur problem.
    08-19-11 12:33 PM
    Let me know if it stays working. I deleted 6.0 and reinstalled it the other day and it appeared to work. A few hours later it went back to not sending.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Yep. It also happened to me.
    08-19-11 11:41 PM
    Bro, what it means is that from dm, there is an option to restore only bbm database. hope the steps mentioned by the op solves ur problem.
    Done all the above bro. Still hv the same issue.
    08-19-11 11:43 PM
    deleted it with DM and went back to BBM 5. Problem solved!
    08-30-11 12:17 AM
    back to bbm 5 cuase is my girlfriend phone and she was wanting to almost kill me hahahahaha, she says that i'm addicted but damn she is on fire when she get her 9780 and bbm wacth out hahaha
    08-30-11 10:02 PM
    I have the same problem you described here, can't select "send" only "cancel" so I wanted to try your solution. However when I first started having this problem I reinstalled bbm 6.0.0.129 thru app world, and now in my list of apps on my phone, BBM isn't even listed! It's in my list of uninstalled apps! But I'm still using bbm fine on my phone, just can't send pics. So when I use desktop manager, it doesn't detect bbm on my phone, so I can't go back to bbm 5.0. What do I do? I don't care if I'm using 5.0 instead of 6.0 but how do I get back to the old version???
    10-12-11 10:35 AM
    I had this problem for like a week now and I finally found a fix.
    The problem was that BBM was not resizing the picture to a smaller size like it usually would, it was just sending the original >1mb picture, that's why you couldn't send it.
    Anyway, while I was trying to backup my contact list locally, my phone told me theres not enough space and I knew that not having enough space had to do with the sending picture issue. So I thought what if when bbm resizes a picture it saves it temporarily on the device memory and when theres no space on the device memory it can't resize? And then I went into file manager and deleted like 4mbs of data and I could send pictures again
    10-15-11 03:03 PM
    Has this issue with BBM been resolved? It does not appear anyone has found a solution. Did everyone trade their BB in for an iPhone? Since I am unable to send picture via BBM or Facebook, and since my BB desktop is not working with Windows XP... this could well be my last BB. Very aggrevating!
    01-05-12 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD