There were many of us that were having a problem where our status would not update if we had over 100 contacts. Well i have over 100 and since i downloaded the lasted bbm, my status update each and every time with no problem.
    08-12-10 09:48 AM
    Yeah, but now the group icons are messed up.
    08-12-10 09:50 AM
    My group icons are fine. I havent had a proble, but I am only in one group... But the issue of my status not updating was a really big problem for me, so I am relieved that it is not working again. I had to go from 300 to 100 contacts because of this. I am now trying to build back up my friends.
    08-12-10 09:54 AM
    My share my location never worked under the previous version and doesn't work under this one either!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 09:54 AM
    I always had 200 or so contacts but the status updates didn't seem like a big deal to me.

The group alert shows the same icon for all the groups, and it isn't even one of the group icons, its a completely different one, lol.
    08-12-10 09:56 AM
    I first thought it was just me, but when I did a search I found a good amount of postings with the same problem. Then my friends started calling me (because Im the BB go-to) and when I told them to make sure they had 100 or less, everytime they called me back to say that they are now able to update. I wrote RIM/BB about it maybe 10 times and I now see that it paid off. Thanks!!!!

I never actually used the send my location option. I played with it when they first added that to the BBM options, but never used it again. Actually forgot it was an option.

The group Icons is weird, I wonder why those are all funky for you now. Im not sure. Maybe they'll work themselves out soon.

Waiting on a release thats not just good, but dang near perfect... waiting... .... ....
    08-12-10 10:02 AM
    LOL How in the heck do you keep up with 100 or 200 contacts? Hats off to you folks, I'd be nuts!
    08-12-10 02:21 PM
    LOL How in the heck do you keep up with 100 or 200 contacts? Hats off to you folks, I'd be nuts!
    you took the words right out of my mouth.
    08-12-10 02:31 PM
    Updating your status on bbm is sooooooo extremely lame and annoying for people that could care less. Thankgod you can disable that feature, I wouldn't be able to deal with it lol.
    08-12-10 02:33 PM
    Exactly, you can disable it so you wont have to worry about seeing ppls updates. But its the same as a Twitter or a Facebook, ppl update their status about their thoughts or whatever. And when I saw so many people having this same issue, there are folks that want to update. You just happen not to be one of them. So lame is your opinion
    08-12-10 04:12 PM
    @ Dave and Cygnus People with that many use it for other reason. I have a small number compared to some of my friends with the 5 and 6 hundred range. When I got a BB 4 plus years ago there were very few around, now EVERYONE has a BB, so they switch pins and such... It adds up quickly, I dont know how i got to 300. lol
    08-12-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD