So the other day I took my storm in to see if they could do anything because I haven't had problems with it until recently it started freezing.
    The man was nice and helpful and simply removed some apps that I never used like word to go, and a couple others including apparently Blackberry maps.
    After attempting to use Weatherbug the app informs me it needs Blackberry maps to run, so I tried to reinstall it over my phone, said phone wasn't capable of running blackberry maps. So I took it in tonight and the woman acted like I was stupid for coming in and told me all I had to do was go to the blackberry site on my phone and download it "it WILL work."
    And of course it didn't so I tried plugging my phone in and using blackberry desktop to put it back but everytime I try to put it back on I get an error.
    Somone please help me.
    08-22-09 12:37 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I am running the latest OS software and DM software for my BB Storm 9530. I was running out of room on the handset and so got the bright idea to uninstall BB Maps since I like Google Maps better. Here's the problem: I can't get BB Maps to reinstall to save my life. I have a third-party software (VQCarfinder) that only works with BB Maps, but here's what happens: When I go to the website on my BB and try to install through the handset, it sends me an email with a link. When I click on the link, it takes me to a site where I download BB Maps, but what actually downloads is a file called "lb_ribbon" which Carfinder does not recognize as BB Maps. I went to the site again to try to download through the desktop method, but I can only get so far and I get an "error" message. Help! How can I get BlackBerry Maps back on my phone so that my Carfinder app recognizes it??? If you find out how to get it back on there, let me know!!!
    03-28-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD