I upgraded to BBM 5 on my Curve 8900 back in September and I've been experiencing a glitch that occurs regularly (almost every single day). It seems that for no reason and with no warning, whilst inputting text during a conversation on BBM, the input box will freeze. The text I had typed will go through, but the type itself will remain inside the box. I can continue to type and send messages out but I will not be able to see what I'm typing since the old text is still stuck inside the box. The only way to resolve it seems to be to end the conversation. Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks
    11-15-09 05:34 PM
    I have been experiencing the exact same problem since I upgraded to BBM5 on my 8350i. I found myself having to do a battery pull several times a day to fix it. About a week ago the BBM5 program locked up on me completely while entering text and I ended up having to wipe my BB. Since reinstalling the software I have not had a problem in individual BBM chats, but I still experience the same problem inputting text in Group chats. I have since stopped using the Group chat altogether and haven't had any problems nor have I had to pull the battery.
    I wish I could give you some kind of quick fix since wiping the handheld and reinstalling 3rd party apps does take some time, but it has made a dramatic difference.
    11-15-09 06:12 PM
    I've actually discovered that it's not just BBM5. This bug actually happens on AIM too. Really starting to annoy me.
    12-11-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD