03-07-10 08:31 AM
30 12
tools
    I am looking for a super thin case and holster combo for my iPhone 3GS. The case must be ultra-thin and the holster can not be bulky. Preferably a clear case, but black is ok The screen must face in the holster. Maybe something similar to the OtterBox Defender Series case and belt clip, but not as bulky.
    02-19-10 06:32 PM
    Google Seidio Innocase II and holster

Loved this case when I had the 3gs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 06:47 PM
    I am looking for a super thin case and holster combo for my iPhone 3GS. The case must be ultra-thin and the holster can not be bulky. Preferably a clear case, but black is ok The screen must face in the holster. Maybe something similar to the OtterBox Defender Series case and belt clip, but not as bulky.
    I have the Seido innocase 2.Works great.
    02-19-10 06:48 PM
    Thanks. Wow, the Seidio Innocase II Surface combo is expensive at $49.95. I guess you have to pay to play

Innocase II Surface Combo, Black

Sweet, amazon.com is selling the combo for $31.86 with free hsipping.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase II Surface Spring Clip Holster Combo for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Black): Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by walds11; 02-19-10 at 06:59 PM.
    02-19-10 06:54 PM
    I carry my iPhone naked in a DLO HipCase (leather horizontal holster with velcro enclosure). Nice holster, but getting tired of the cheesy velcro enclosure. Also, my iPhone has taken some minor drops and I need some protection.

How is the holster clip itself? Is it comfortable to wear in the horizontal position? I read reviews that the holster has a design flaw and breaks quite frequently. Does amazon offer any kind of warranty or guarantee?
    02-20-10 06:45 AM
    Any feedback on this one...

agf leather shell with holster

http://www.agfindings.com/product/le...-for-iphone-3g

The AT&T store sells it for $29.95. Plastic shell with a leather like backing. The holster seems kind of cheap. Guess my best bet is the Seidio Innocase II combo.

02-21-10 10:46 AM
    i used the seidio case, but it scratched my phones up to ****! i then used the speck candyshell which was great! but it doesnt come with a holster. i'm now on the otterbox defender, screen protector cut out with an invisible shield on instead. works great!
    02-23-10 03:37 PM
    Screw the Otterbox Defender. I don't need a case that bulky.

I ordered the combo from amazon and it should be delivered early next week. I can't wait. I will report back. Hopefully this is the slim/slick case and holster combo that I have been looking for. I read reviews that the newer Innocase II cases don't scratch the phone up and there is felt inside the case for protection.

02-23-10 06:07 PM
    I use this case that I picked up from the AT&T store last week and it's pretty decent.

02-24-10 01:22 PM
    I use the Seidio Innocase combo and like it but it can scratch your bezel as mine did. Not badly but my iPhone is still better to have this protection with a few minor scratches than to have no protection.
    02-24-10 01:30 PM
    My iPhone is a little banged up and the bezel is scuffed up already. My package is scheduled to be delivered on Friday

02-24-10 03:40 PM
    The package was delivered day. The combo is sick and slick! The holster is low profile and the case is pretty thin. I just have to get used to the cover sticking up around the bezel. I never used a cover before. I can see how the spring clip can break easily according to some online reviews. I can also see myself banging the holster into something. Other than those negatives, I will rock the combo and report back.

02-25-10 04:57 PM
    walds11, any photos?
    02-25-10 06:13 PM
    Maybe tonight or this weekend. In the meantime, check out the user photos on amazon...

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocase II Surface Spring Clip Holster Combo for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Black): Cell Phones & Service

And lots of good youtube videos out there. The case sure does black out the iPhone by covering up the chrome bezel.

walds11, any photos?
    02-25-10 06:50 PM
    My first full day with the combo. I am really digging in. The holster is slim and does not protrude much when clipped to my belt. The spring clip makes for easy access, both device in and out. The case does not add much bulk. The texture is nice with a soft, rubbery feel. The only thing that I have to get used to is the lip that sticks up around the bezel. I wish they would of made it a lower profile.

02-26-10 06:54 PM
    Anyone use just the regular Seidio Spring Clip Holster? The reason why I got the combo was for the added protection from drops, etc. The Seidio Inncase II Surface case does not add much bulk, but I can't seem to get used to the raised edges on the bezel. Maybe I can find a case thin enough (ie, Power Support Air Jacket) that will fit in my DLO HipCase. I love the DLO holster, slim and not bulky, but hate the velcro enclosure. The Air Jacket is steep at $34.99. What about the Seidio Premium Leather Horizontal Case? That uses a magnetic enclosure. The case looks nice from the pics, but seems bulky. I will keeping using the combo until I find an ideal set-up.

02-28-10 09:07 AM
    I went to the Apple store and grabbed this combo this weekend and I think it's pretty solid.

03-01-10 09:28 AM
    Eh, it's ok. I prefer when the screen faces in the holster.

03-01-10 11:01 AM
    Eh, it's ok. I prefer when the screen faces in the holster.

The screen does face in with that combo. I'm about to return it though. I just went back to the Otterbox. I like how solid the phone feels in the Otterbox, just don't like the screen protector. It's a tradeoff though
    03-01-10 04:33 PM
    Anyone use the Seidio Spring clip holster with ZAGG invisibleSHIELD? I emailed ZAGG asking if the invisibleSHIELD is compatible with the Seidio Spring Clip Holster. This is what they had to say...

"In regards to your email, you can use a holster with the invisibleSHIELD on your device. However, we do not recommend using a case or holster if it's a tight fit due to the invisibleSHIELD can start to discolor and peel faster."

I am sure it's fine with a leather holster, but it may be too tight of a fit with the spring clip holster. Oh well. Thought that may be an ideal combo for me.
    03-01-10 06:02 PM
    i just received my solid white otterbox defender, now i have the color combos i wanted. a white shell with black silicone, and a black shell with white silicone!! yay!
    03-05-10 01:47 PM
    i just received my solid white otterbox defender, now i have the color combos i wanted. a white shell with black silicone, and a black shell with white silicone!! yay!
    Wow, that's a nice combo.
    03-05-10 02:03 PM
    VERY NICE! Does the rubber part hold lint, etc? Mine seems to, most annoying at times...

03-05-10 06:18 PM
    I want my iPhone naked as possible, but I need some protection. My next option is the clear-coat full body scratch protection and Seidio Spring-Clip Holster for use with non-cased phone device.

I am going hit the kiosk at the mall tomorrow to get one installed. I ordered the Seidio holster and it should be delivered tomorrow. It has a spring clip, so probably not as much wear and tear as a pressure type clip. Plus, there is a lifetime guarantee, so I can replace it as many times as I'd like.
    03-05-10 07:24 PM
    VERY NICE! Does the rubber part hold lint, etc? Mine seems to, most annoying at times...
    Definitely looks like it would be a professional lint collector but otherwise quite solid.
    03-05-10 07:28 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD