I have a blackberry tour and I am going to italy in a couple days. I was wondering if I blocked text messages, emails, and calls from coming in to my phone and only used bbm/internet, would I be charged extra? I have an unlimited data plan from verizon.
    06-21-10 10:38 PM
    I have a blackberry tour and I am going to italy in a couple days. I was wondering if I blocked text messages, emails, and calls from coming in to my phone and only used bbm/internet, would I be charged extra? I have an unlimited data plan from verizon.
    Yes, using data while roaming internationally can be quite expensive. Check into signing up for Verizon's international data plan for the time you'll be in Italy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 10:40 PM
    Your Verizon data plan only covers you while you are in your coverage area IN THE US.

You need to contact Verizon and get Global Data in order to use data in Italy. It will be $65 per month and will replace your current data plan.
    06-22-10 07:10 AM
    Bear in mind that text messages sent and received will be charged extra, but BBM messages are included in the VZ Global package. My son is in China for the summer and BBM has been great!
    06-22-10 09:06 AM
    I got the VZW Global Data plan when I went to the Caribbean. Worked quite well!!
    06-22-10 09:18 AM
    your best option would be to unlock your phone and get an italian sim card. i go to italy 3 times a year and this is what i do. 5 for the sim card, usually 9 for the blackberry service for a month on carriers such as Wind, Vodafone, or 3. Will save you a ton of money rather than verizon's global plan
    06-22-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD