Im going to Italy tomorrow and i was just wondering can i BBM my girlfriend back in the states without having a ridiculous phone bill?
    10-31-09 09:29 AM
    I would recommend getting your Tour unlocked and throwing a SIM card from a local dealer for data.
    10-31-09 09:30 AM
    I would recommend getting your Tour unlocked and throwing a SIM card from a local dealer for data.
    +1 re local SIM
    10-31-09 09:32 AM
    +1 on local sim as well
    10-31-09 09:37 AM
    BUt if you choose not to do the SIM card thing, call VZW and make sure the SIM you have is active and they will review rates for data and voice with you. If your phone is provisioned right, it will not work over there.
    10-31-09 09:46 AM
    You can use BBM when you are away, if you are gonna use your service providers roaming plan. But if you get a local sim with a data plan then you can use it. I just came back from Trinidad, used my tour but did not have a data plan with the local sim so I could not use it. The key is the data plan.
    10-31-09 09:51 AM
    so i have to get unlimeted data plan in order to use the bbm overseas?
    11-02-09 05:13 PM
    We are going to Canada Wednesday and needed to get internationol data plan that covers Canada otherwise we'd be paying up the wazoo for data the VZW rep told us. I'd listen to these wise people and do what they say...
    11-02-09 06:01 PM
    I have been in europe the past couple months

Verizon has 65/month UNLIMITED data plan which I have been using. It is great (3G even though Europes 3G is 2100MHZ and does not penetrate walls well)

They prorate it for however long you go and it removes the hassle of having to get another sim card.

Call the global department and have them put it on. You will be BBMing when you land (dont forget ot go to manage connection and select GSM/UTMS)

PM with any questions
    11-02-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD