04-06-11 09:51 AM
105 123 ...
tools
    BlackBerrys Gaining Stronger Penetration in Younger Market - BerryReview

For some this is already apparent....however a nice eye opener for thos who tend to see this as not occuring!

Ps....this is a postive sign and thread....I'm more then confident it'll be short on the usual negative poster...it reeks of optimism!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-23-11 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Fixed URL syntax.
    03-23-11 11:06 AM
    i know THIS for a fact.
    we have 4 "young" people in the house, ranging from 12 to 17.
    ALL of them use BlackBerry for BBM..
    03-23-11 11:12 AM
    Yeah, I think there is a huge misconception on what young people want. More than anything, young people want to stay connected and communicate. As I have said before (and got told I was "shut down" by other posters,) Blackberries do everything android and ios phones do- Text messages, im, social networking, calls. People seem to forget that first and foremost people want their devices to be good at communications.
    03-23-11 11:23 AM
    Yeah, I think there is a huge misconception on what young people want. More than anything, young people want to stay connected and communicate. As I have said before (and got told I was "shut down" by other posters,) Blackberries do everything android and ios phones do- Text messages, im, social networking, calls. People seem to forget that first and foremost people want their devices to be good at communications.
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

BayouBengal21 likes this.
    03-23-11 11:45 AM
    Agreed but it dispells the myth to those people that think blackberries are only for people who need to get work done. You know the ones that say "iPhones and Androids are toys but blackberries are for work".
    03-23-11 12:02 PM
    So very true! I'm a firm believer that other platforms are very lacking in the heart and soul of what a phone is..first and foremost a communications device..!as no one is better poised as far as mobile "pure communications" as RIM is this decade to leed with no rival...argue that all you want....it is what it is!

I do think blackberries are the best communication devices. But what exactly does "pure communication" mean? Just wondering
    03-23-11 12:04 PM
    Watch out, other forum members are going to chew your *** for that. "BBs are nothing but feature phones."
    Well inorder to obtain that status..it would apply to rapid development and deployment of social reach evolution!

With that..being a "gatway/portal"....to univeral interaction, and social reach capabilities of interactive functioning with an uncompromised nature and very rich depth and reach of depth of reach!..efficient and seamless...becoming Personal! Very extensive and engageing!!!!!!!!

That is my take on the matter!

After all the heart and soul of RIM as far as innovation goes is the ability to exploit the reach of communicateing. Now that they are affirming the best mobile OS platform and becoming a full fledged computing company LOOK OUT!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-23-11 at 01:08 PM.
    03-23-11 12:54 PM
    Well, I carry two BBerries....
    The Verizon 9650 is through work and that is communication only.
    My personal BB is primarily a communication device, with some banking and on-the-go activities as well as web access. Don't use it for movies or music.
    But then again I'm a 30 something old hag....
    *Most* of my youngish family members have BBerries.

03-23-11 01:08 PM
    A friend of mine with an iPhone was trying to convince his younger sister to get one but she wanted a BB becuase her friends have BBs. He was telling her how much better it was for apps and web browsing and she said "I don't care about that I just want to talk to my friends with it."
    03-23-11 01:15 PM
    It's got a much better keyboard it seems and that is a huge part of it too.
    03-23-11 02:18 PM
    In this day and age where kids would rather text each other than talk, it's important to them to have a device that allows them to text as easily and conveniently as possible.
    03-23-11 02:24 PM
    In this day and age where kids would rather text each other than talk, it's important to them to have a device that allows them to text as easily and conveniently as possible.
    What's really ironic and boggles the mind (and I see this almost daily when working on campus), are all those text junkies using the Speech-To-Text feature of their phones when sending messages, and then have the text they receive read out loud to them with the Text-To-Speech feature. I see it often enough that I'm guessing there's a strong probability that the person they're texting on the other end is doing the same.

Sometimes there's something to be said about making it Too Easy. lol
    03-23-11 02:40 PM
    What's really ironic and boggles the mind (and I see this almost daily when working on campus), are all those text junkies using the Speech-To-Text feature of their phones when sending messages, and then have the text they receive read out loud to them with the Text-To-Speech feature. I see it often enough that I'm guessing there's a strong probability that the person they're texting on the other end is doing the same.

Sometimes there's something to be said about making it Too Easy. lol
    What's even more mind-boggling is to see a group of them standing around texting the others who are standing around with them. Now if I ever saw that same group doing the speech-to-text-to-speech thing, I think I'd just vapor-lock on the spot.

Last edited by 18to12fitty; 03-23-11 at 02:57 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-23-11 02:53 PM
    I'm 17 and I love my BB for BBM. I plan on staying with BB and I'm 'patiently' waiting for the new BB's. Can't wait!

03-23-11 05:18 PM
    I'm 17 and I love my BB for BBM. I plan on staying with BB and I'm 'patiently' waiting for the new BB's. Can't wait!

Glad your likin the Berry!!
    03-23-11 05:21 PM
    I don't know what the situation is in other places but I go to school at Florida International University in Miami and I have to say, you'd be pretty hard pressed to not find someone with BlackBerry. Sure, there's a lot of iPhones but there's at least twice as many BlackBerrys.

Now Android, those are pretty rare. It's either only in the hands of guys who look like they'd be into the whole tech scene so they know what it is or girls who figured it was a cheaper iPhone. Either way, BlackBerry still dominates here in this city as a whole and I don't think that's going to change any time soon.
    03-23-11 05:42 PM
    I have to admit that I was surprised while riding the train into NYC (one weekend not too long ago) to overhear a bunch of young students talking about their phones. Most of them had BB's, and the ones that didn't, WANTED a BB. One young guy commented that everyone in school seems to have a BB and he is still stuck with an old pos flip phone. I assumed Android was the one to have these days. It was anecdotal, of course, but for this group it was all about BB's. I would say they were about 16 yrs old.
    03-23-11 05:56 PM
    simplest answer, these young people have actual LIVES, so they go on BBM with friends and Family and don't have time to post on threads like this.

As for those who don't have anymore friends on BBM, nor an actual physical social life.. they start threads and predict the END of BlackBerry.
    03-23-11 06:03 PM
    Haha, how true Mark! Awesome post! Would thank, but on WAP, bahaha!

03-23-11 07:58 PM
    Haha, how true Mark! Awesome post! Would thank, but on WAP, bahaha!

I thanked him on your behalf. Simply because that post was total PERFECTION. But it's true isn't it. If you don't have friends on BBM you think BB is a useless platform that should be dead (if they've all defected to other platforms). My advice to them is: Grow a pair and get a girl (I need to do the latter myself tbh!)
    03-23-11 08:42 PM
    KW, if you're going to use the WAP site on your limited BB browser , please use the proper URL syntax for your links so that others don't have to copy/paste to view what you're posting. It's easy, just use [ URL ][ /URL ] without the spaces around your pasted link text. Thanks.
    03-23-11 11:37 PM
    simplest answer, these young people have actual LIVES, so they go on BBM with friends and Family and don't have time to post on threads like this.

As for those who don't have anymore friends on BBM, nor an actual physical social life.. they start threads and predict the END of BlackBerry.
    LOVE this!!!!

Yes, phones, even smartphones, are devices to help you with something. They're not relationships.

If I have to baby a device so much that I have tomaintain a constant awareness of the nearest power source, then it's just taking too much attention!
    03-24-11 09:44 AM
    Agreed but it dispells the myth to those people that think blackberries are only for people who need to get work done. You know the ones that say "iPhones and Androids are toys but blackberries are for work".
    took the words right out of my mouth! And there's nothing wrong with that. I just think that the vibe of owning a BB may fall into the same realm as owning a sidekick.... well once upon a time

On another note... I too live in NYC and occasionally ride the train. And first,I must say that I see BBs in peoples hands more than any other device by a large large margin. young and old alike! And 2, most young people these days, particularly HS kids seem to have replaced their TMO sidekicks with BBs at such a huge margin that I have yet to notice an iphone or a droid in their hands as of yet.... how funny is that?

I also think this is a result of the BB price tag... Nokia philosophy at work???
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 03-29-11 at 12:53 AM.
    03-29-11 12:50 AM
    Its a great philosophy as long as they get the high end back.

03-29-11 08:01 AM
    Its a great philosophy as long as they get the high end back.

My research suggests they are not only aiming for high end....however "ultra high end"....very advanced super phones(I'll eloborate on that in a future thread)!!!!!!

03-29-11 10:31 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD