11-02-11 12:19 PM
40 12
tools
    I've been dealing with this issue for weeks. It was not syncing the attendees that cleared it for me.
    12-14-09 07:39 PM
    Hi all,
    Thanks much for posting yuor experiences. I ran into this v.same issue and stuggling to figure out the exact cause - > Is it that the picture added to Blackberry Addressbook entry doesn't sync with MS Outlook or image-file associated with Outlook entry doesn't sync into Blackberry ? Which of the above 2 will result into this error code -0x80040fb3 ?

Appreciate if some one can help me with the cause here.

Thanks

VC
    12-24-09 11:51 AM
    I ran into this problem as well recently but didnt find this thread. I reset the synch configuration in the blackberry desktop software. i plugged in my bb and set up the synch parameters again (outlook, both ways, etc etc) when prompted. Works great now.
    02-07-10 10:47 AM
    I used the instructions to get rid of the pictures download (UncleMike49 on Feb 2009) and am finally able to sync again. I wonder if the fb in the error message is facebook--since it is facebook pics that were downloading and my error was always in the address book sync. HM
    02-25-10 02:08 PM
    I had this issue, so upgraded Blackberry Desktop Manager to the latest version (5.0.1.37) - this seemed to fix it.
    04-20-10 09:14 AM
    Found a simple solution myself: When accepting invitations from others from Outlook on your bb, some invitations put data in the Notes field of the appointment. Intellisync can't deal with these.
    Solution:

1. check any Outlook calendar invitations on your hand-held and clear the Notes to that invitation.
    2. Sync runs smooth after that.
    leanneleg likes this.
    06-08-10 08:49 AM
    You're the best I T man I've ever known. Your suggestion fixed my problem after I had spent HOURS!!! trying to fix this thing!!! Thanks Uncle Mike!!!
    06-08-10 02:57 PM
    It's an error in the sync settings for pictures in the address book for me. Clicked on the advanced tab, went to the field mapping and clicked off the pictures near the bottom of the list. Then it worked just fine.
    My sync was hanging up on record #119, must of been a real ugly guy.
    Hey wait a minute, I think that guy was me...maybe just too handsome to be in 2 places at once?
    06-09-10 07:42 PM
    Traveler, I just got my wife an 8330 Curve and when I synch'd it the first time i got the same error. i went to the synch log and found the first calendar entry that said "ignore", went to her outlook 2007 found that entry and deleted it. All works fine now. I didn't find anything visibly wrong with the calendar entry but Desktop Manager sure didn't like it. I'm going to WES next week, I'll try to find out what the plan is for DM.
    Thank you to all on this thread who helped me, especially Bluewater55 whose advice was most directly followed by me. I had the sync problem that was discussed at the beginning of the thread. Found out that one of my contacts had an issue with the photo. Deleted that one photo in Outlook, and then the sync went fine. (and the photo is on the BB still, and is now ok in Outlook as well).
    07-01-10 04:12 PM
    Hello, Hope this helps someone....

I updated my device and, at about the same time, got back my laptop after a repair was done. I loaded my Blackberry Desktop Software and I thought I was golden, until the errors started.

After reading every post I could find I started applying the suggestions one by one.

These did not work for me:

finding empty fields (last name, first name, company)
    wiping my device
    counting the contacts to find a "corrupt" one
    exporting all contacts and then import them back in
    scanning my ost and pst files
    remove all "attachments" from contacts and "appointments"
    removing all "pictures" from any contact
    removing/changing a "recurring appointment" so that the end date is not past 2019.
    etc...

What finally worked after 4 days of frustration - rolling back my device software to the previous version (the next to newest version).
    10-21-10 08:04 PM
    I am hoping this will help others. I came across this error while syncing ONLY my Outlook calendar with my Bold 9000 (ATT) running OS 5.0.0.822 which I had upgraded to about 3 weeks ago.

I tried in vane following some of the suggestions to remove (and reenter) some of my really old long term recurring events (mostly birthday reminders), but I was stuck in this vicious cycle.

I had also tried to have the sync simply replace all the calendar entries on the Bold (i.e. I cleared out the calendar entries on the device) and sync one-way from Outlook. Didn't work...still got the error.

Then on a lark I decided to check the memory on the device. Application memory was down to 0MB!!. Popped the battery (and sim for good measure) and recovered 32MB of application memory!!!!! After that it the one-way sync worked and now my two-way sync also works.

What on earth is RIM doing releasing an OS with such a bad memory leak!? I only have two apps on my device, LinkedIn and FT news reader (both of which I hardly use).
    10-25-10 09:13 AM
    After reading all of these I tried a few things, none of which worked. Until I did one simple thing - REMOVE THE BATTERY AND REBOOT!

I recommend you try this before anything - it worked!!
    11-14-10 09:09 AM
    Found a simple solution myself: When accepting invitations from others from Outlook on your bb, some invitations put data in the Notes field of the appointment. Intellisync can't deal with these.
    Solution:

1. check any Outlook calendar invitations on your hand-held and clear the Notes to that invitation.
    2. Sync runs smooth after that.

Thanks!! That is the solution that fixed it for me!! I have been going crazy for over a month!
    02-11-11 07:38 PM
    I have the curve 8320 and version 4.7 BB desktop manager (DTM). Have had sync issues with every blackberry and every DTM version I've ever had for the last 7 years. This time 'it was' the attendees that gave me the error. Eliminated the sync of attendees and everything was fine. Shame I can't ever get back the hours and hours I spend resolving these issues!!! Thanks for the info at least it saved me going through the 700 levels of escalation control at Tmobile and RIM.
    --------------
    I have a BB Torch 9800 using Windows 7, Outlook 2010 and DM 6. And I have spent HOURS trying to figure out WTF my calendar won't synch. I've been crawling blogs, checking every possibility and it was the f&*()^%$%$ Attendees!

PEOPLE - Please try this FIRST!
    niss63 likes this.
    04-12-11 12:22 AM
    After I removed the "ignored" repeating appointments that had notes attached, I was able to finally sync my 8330 curve. This is my first BB and the support through BBDM "help" is pitiful. I was very happy to find CB and a solution! Thanks to everyone who posts!
    Great Advice! this did it for me. Seem reoccurring meetings with in my case and excel sheet attached gave me problems. Once I removed the excel sheet it synced fine.

Thanks!
    11-02-11 12:19 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD