11-02-11 12:19 PM
40 12
tools
    Running Desktop Manager 4.3 with Outlook 2003 SP3, synch always hangs near end of write cycle and generates the above error. For some reason I think it is a problem with a calendar entry, but I have no idea how to figure out which entry is causing the problem. Any suggestions?

Blackberry support seems to have evaporated and their web site is totally useless. AT&T is no help either.
    04-08-08 06:12 PM
    did you find any support for this error? I have it too. It just started today for no known reason.

Lyle
    04-28-08 10:08 PM
    04-28-08 11:38 PM
    Received this error trying to sync my 8330 address book. BB Desktop Mgr (BBDM) version is 4.7. Searched for solution but none fixed the problem. Several suggested fixes lead me to a solution that did work.

Open BBDM and select sync. Select configure sync, then the configure option. I was having problems with address book so I selected it and clicked on advanced. From there I selected map fields. Scroll down the device field until you find picture. Double click the entry to remove the sync arrows.

BBDM must have a problem with pictures. This may work for calendar also.

UncleMike49
    04-02-09 11:38 PM
    It was the Intellisync issue mentioned above. At least, it was for me. I had to eliminate the relationship for Attendees and then everything synced fine.
    04-06-09 06:00 AM
    Got the same problem here. Just updated the BB desktop manager from version 4.2 to 4.7, with my 8703e, and Outlook 2003. This is the same version that VZW says is correct for this device. Sync takes close to an hour, then crashes with a 0x80040fb3 error while trying to sync the calendar. Deleted the Intellisync directory, re-configured the sync, and it crashed at the same spot again. Log file says its one particular calendar entry. Nothing unusual about the calendar event, the 4.2 desktop manager had previously syncd it literally hundreds of times. Now I only can get the contacts folder to sync, have half the calendar, and no other folders will sync.
    04-08-09 12:38 AM
    Mine was the picture association problem, took me 2 hours of going through forums! Thank a million!
    04-24-09 05:02 PM
    But that still doesn't solve the problem. Sync's are taking 15 minutes or more, older software would complete all sections in less than 3 minutes. RIM's software is badly broken and still needs to be fixed.
    04-26-09 11:12 AM
    Traveler, I just got my wife an 8330 Curve and when I synch'd it the first time i got the same error. i went to the synch log and found the first calendar entry that said "ignore", went to her outlook 2007 found that entry and deleted it. All works fine now. I didn't find anything visibly wrong with the calendar entry but Desktop Manager sure didn't like it. I'm going to WES next week, I'll try to find out what the plan is for DM.
    04-30-09 08:46 PM
    Exempted all past items in Calendar, thus only synchronising current and future events, and the error warning did not pop up anymore.
    05-20-09 08:10 AM
    Most of the time it's simply due to a contact having incorrect information in your outlook. This could be an symbol that your Blackberry doesn't want to recognize or it could be as simple as a first or last name missing in the contact's information field.

For me, I had a bunch of people in my Outlook contacts who I didn't have last names for.

Simply add a name (even if fake) and then try the sync process again.

Worked for me.

0x80040fb3 can't hold us down!!!
    05-22-09 10:37 PM
    Thanks Uncle Mike 49.

I had this problem with Address Book and DM 4.7 and 4.6.

Turned out to be a picture like you said.

Now I'm a happy camper
    06-22-09 05:03 PM
    I have the curve 8320 and version 4.7 BB desktop manager (DTM). Have had sync issues with every blackberry and every DTM version I've ever had for the last 7 years. This time 'it was' the attendees that gave me the error. Eliminated the sync of attendees and everything was fine. Shame I can't ever get back the hours and hours I spend resolving these issues!!! Thanks for the info at least it saved me going through the 700 levels of escalation control at Tmobile and RIM.
    niss63 likes this.
    07-01-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks Uncle Mike 49.

I had this problem with Address Book and DM 4.7 and 4.6.

Turned out to be a picture like you said.

Now I'm a happy camper
    What is DM???? I have the sync version 5.0, and am getting this error. The sync stops in my address book. I have checked for first and last names. They are o.k. Help, please!
    07-19-09 08:06 PM
    I am having this issue but do not sync my contact lists. This is frustrating me that all recommendations are related to the Contacts. When I look at the RIM.Log file

At the top it tells me that it is only doing current or beyond and Outlook:

On 8/7/2009 9:46 AM
    Synchronize Device Calendar with Microsoft Outlook Calendar

First System: Device
    Second System: Microsoft Outlook
    Second System File Name: Calendar
    Conflict Resolution: Notify
    Appointment Range: From 8/7/2009 To 12/31/2400

I find this at the bottom:

Total Inputs From First System: 75

Total Inputs From Second System: 306

Records Added or Changed - Conflicting: 0
    Records Added - Not Conflicting: 237
    Records Changed - Not Conflicting: 0
    Records Deleted: 0
    Records Unchanged: 61

Total Updates To First System: 980

Field mapping used for translation:
    Microsoft Outlook Device
    Subject ------------------------- Description Title
    Start Date ---------------------- Start Date
    Start Time ---------------------- Start Time
    End Date ------------------------ End Date
    End Time ------------------------ End Time
    Alarm Date ---------------------- Alarm Date
    Alarm Time ---------------------- Alarm Time
    Reminder Set Flag --------------- Alarm Flag
    Body ---------------------------- Notes
    Show Time As -------------------- Free Busy
    Location ------------------------ Location
    Private ------------------------- Private
    Meeting Attendees --------------- Attendees

Unable to write application data record.
    Translation Canceled!

I had the system sync my contacts from my BB to a dummy file on my computer using CSV file. But this did not fix the problem with the calendar so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
    Andhanni
    08-07-09 09:54 AM
    Thanks so much. This is the only solution that worked after hours of resyncing, uninstalling, reinstalling, and following useless links from the actual blackberry website.
    08-12-09 09:10 PM
    Granted, this is by no means the preferred method of remediating this issue; however, given the predominately address centric recommendations on this thread, it seemed appropriate to post a fix specific calendaring.

After making every reasonable effort to pull--push-reset-search for "ignore", remove pics...yada, yada, I relented and elected to export my calendar, in its entirety, then I delete all entries in Outlook, then attempted to synchronize...for what may have been the 50th time. Fortunately, this time it worked without error. Sure, there was nothing to synchronize but, it was the first positive moment in an otherwise arduous struggle. I then imported my previous calendar events, confirmed the entries carried over properly, and finally pressed the synchronize button [hereafter the Button of Despair]...gratefully, it worked.

On to the next issue: BDM will downgrade BBM5 back to 4.6 upon update...****e!
    Last edited by wunderkindt; 08-23-09 at 03:01 AM.
    08-19-09 11:34 PM
    I have suddenly also been getting the intellisync error people are describing, when syncing Calendar. I have had no problem for the year or so I have had the BB. It is a curve on tmobile.

I really just wanted to sync the device to the PC outlook as i had added some items on the fly.

I tried the delete the Intellisync folder, no go.

Could sync tasks. was too chicken to try contacts lest I lose it all.

Finally I bit the bullet and went into Desktop manager, Backup and Restore, and restored a previous Calendar - All file. Lost some things since i had not backed up on this computer since June. But this worked!! Now I am adding back some things through Calendar, such as a Bruins schedule I imported from Excel, recurring appointments, etc. figuring that one of those items must have made the BB hiccup. So far so good.

So once again, the lesson is, backup, backup, backup!

thanks for everyone who has posted because we need each other!!
    09-18-09 05:12 PM
    After I removed the "ignored" repeating appointments that had notes attached, I was able to finally sync my 8330 curve. This is my first BB and the support through BBDM "help" is pitiful. I was very happy to find CB and a solution! Thanks to everyone who posts!
    09-24-09 07:17 AM
    Received this error trying to sync my 8330 address book. BB Desktop Mgr (BBDM) version is 4.7. Searched for solution but none fixed the problem. Several suggested fixes lead me to a solution that did work.

Open BBDM and select sync. Select configure sync, then the configure option. I was having problems with address book so I selected it and clicked on advanced. From there I selected map fields. Scroll down the device field until you find picture. Double click the entry to remove the sync arrows.

UncleMike49
    This totally fixed my issue! Thank you
    10-18-09 09:29 PM

UncleMike49
    I used this method for my 8330 and 4.5 DM.

I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I worked with Sprint for an hour on this and spent countless hours myself after they didn't help...this WORKED!!!!

YAAAAAAH
    10-28-09 09:53 PM
    I tried to remove the pictures from Outlook contacts, still got the 0x80040fb3 error. Another post recommended going into the advanced setting in DM, and I unclicked the mappings for photos, and IT WORKED!!!!!

Now my Outlook calendar and addresss book synch with my Storm 9530.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    10-29-09 11:18 PM
    Had to delete the pictures in outlook to get the transfer to work. I wonder if I transfer contacts to back to windows mobile, do I have to delete all the pics again?
    12-03-09 11:44 PM
    Having this problem as well all of a sudden... Picture thing seemed to work for me
    12-08-09 08:33 PM
    Super - picture issue resolved error. Many thanks~
    12-13-09 07:28 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD