I just installed BBM 5.0 with no problem. Now the BBM icon is missing eventhough it is listed in my apps list....any suggestions? I've already done a battery pull, triple-checked the icons, looked in various 'folders'. Please help
    09-07-09 02:40 PM
    try changing your theme, see if it pops up after you change it.
    09-07-09 02:43 PM
    Then do another bpull. It took about 3 or 4 of them on one of my previous installs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 02:47 PM
    I just installed BBM 5.0 with no problem. Now the BBM icon is missing eventhough it is listed in my apps list....any suggestions? I've already done a battery pull, triple-checked the icons, looked in various 'folders'. Please help
    Hey Almondjoy,
    what OS version ore you using? That will be a MAJOR factor. BBM5 doesn't work with .167 (or at least didn't on the ones I have upgraded). I have had to update the OS on several bolds at work for BBM5 to work. Don't know what the "limiting / minimum" OS version is though. Try updating the OS (if you are still in the low hundreds). Let us know if that works.
    Dominic.
    Last edited by dominicnoon; 09-07-09 at 04:18 PM.
    09-07-09 04:03 PM
    Hey Almondjoy,
    what OS version ore you using? That will be a MAJOR factor. BBM5 doesn't work with .167 (or at least didn't on the ones I have upgraded). I have had to update the OS on several bolds at work for BBM5 to work. Don't know what the "limiting / minimum" OS version is though. Try updating the OS (if you are still in the low hundreds). Let us know if that works.
    Dominic.
    That should not be an issue. I have installed it on 4 Bolds running .162 and it worked, albeit after a few battery pulls.
    09-07-09 08:28 PM
    I needed to install OTA. DM didn't work. Maybe that will help
    09-08-09 12:19 AM
    Try this

1. Go to option>advanced options>applications

Make sure all permissions are set to ALLOW, not custom.

2. Go back to homescreen and see if the icon reappears. That has fixed it once for me before.

If that doesn't work then:

3. Install OTA from this link

4. Make sure you click the box to set application permissions before you install. make them all ALLOW

5. You should be good after that.
    09-08-09 01:21 AM
    ^^
    try what TallyHo suggest for you !

BBM 5.0 have many issues!! i install it twice and removed it and back to bbm 4.6

hope ull find it
    09-08-09 02:59 AM
    Come on guys... Since the leak of 5.0 its been stated that you have to install the BBM 5.0 for the TOUR if you have the BOLD. There are no battery pulls needed whatsoever. I have installed BBM 5 on every model of the blackberry from the curve 8310 all the way through the storm all with success. So again find the OTA for the tour if you need help message and I will send you a working link.
    09-08-09 08:43 AM
    ^ Case, not saying you are wrong but I've never read on CB that you need to get the Tour version.
    The Bold dl worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:36 AM
    why would you need the tour version if you had the bold? that makes no sense
    09-08-09 10:30 AM
    Come on guys... Since the leak of 5.0 its been stated that you have to install the BBM 5.0 for the TOUR if you have the BOLD. There are no battery pulls needed whatsoever. I have installed BBM 5 on every model of the blackberry from the curve 8310 all the way through the storm all with success. So again find the OTA for the tour if you need help message and I will send you a working link.
    I've installed it on several bolds and no one of them was the tour version. I did have to do a battery pull once. I'd like to see the a link to your info on having to install the tour version
    09-08-09 10:33 AM
    why would you need the tour version if you had the bold? that makes no sense
    Don't worry about installing the tour version, you're right it makes no sense whatsoever. Just install the bold and make sure to back up if anything goes wrong
    09-08-09 10:34 AM
    Got to love people who come in here and give wrong information on purpose.
    09-08-09 01:12 PM
    09-08-09 01:33 PM
    1. What OS are you running?
    2. Make sure to DL the BBM5 base on your OS.
    3. check your service book. (option> advance options> services book> bb menu> send services book).
    09-08-09 01:38 PM
    Try this

2. Go back to homescreen and see if the icon reappears. That has fixed it once for me before.

3. Install OTA from theiexplorers .com/BBM/For_4.6.0/BBMen.jad this link

4. Make sure you click the box to set application permissions before you install. make them all ALLOW

been bangin' around with this for 2 days and finally found a solution that works. thanks.
    09-17-09 07:56 PM
    Try this

3. Install OTA from this link

i tried this and it didnt work, BBM 5.0 is listed in my application list (and bolded, i'm not sure if that means anything) but again the icon isnt on my home screen.

i have a curve 8330 v 4.5.0.77 any ideas?
    10-07-09 09:25 PM
    Got to love people who come in here and give wrong information on purpose.
    agreed... especially since the BOLD BBM 5.0 works on BOLD OS 5.0.0.238!
    Last edited by sourkevin; 10-07-09 at 11:32 PM.
    10-07-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD