My work email uses exchange i believe and they are moving over to an encrypted protocol. The above 2 are options are available. I've googled around and can't seem to find any recent info on compatibility. Looking at the email wizard on my tour 9630 and the sprint web e-mail manager, there is no option to use these protocols.

any ideas?
    03-17-10 12:21 PM
    Encryption has nothing to do with IMAP or POP3, and IMAP and POP3 have nothing to do with Exchange.

There is a thread here on the forums somewhere to help you set up an Exchange server email account.
    03-17-10 12:45 PM
    Some exchange servers will allow for pop/imap access as well as OWA.

If you have the choice, go with imap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 12:58 PM
    i dont understand all the nuances, but as I understand it, IMAP does not equal IMAPS. I assume the "S" stands for secured. same goes for "POP3S." I currently have no problem receiving/sending email under the IMAP protocol. They are switching over in June.
    03-17-10 01:04 PM
    IMAPS shouldn't be a problem. I have an IMAP server set up which only allows secure connections. All I needed to do on the BlackBerry was put in the username and password. The device figured out the protocol automatically.
    03-17-10 01:10 PM
    Don't worry about the protocol, BIS/BES can handle everything. If you ask your Exchange server admin for the settings, you'll be able to set up your account no problem.
    03-17-10 01:11 PM