On my computer with outlook or evolution, I can tell it what folder to put sent email in.

I know the blackberry can't see IMAP folders without BES(which is a total crock IMO and why my next phone is going to be an HTC unless RIM changes this), but can I tell it to deposit sent mail into the INBOX folder on my IMAP mailserver at least? I don't want the mail I send on my bberry getting lost in an abyss somewhere, I'd like it to be on the IMAP server.
    01-24-10 02:24 PM
    01-28-10 11:43 AM
    Somebody suggested the following and it works for me.

On the Blackberry site where you set up your e-mail, go into the e-mail account and turn on the autobcc option and have it go to a unique e-mail address. In Outlook set up an account for that e-mail address and then create an outlook rule that automatically moves all e-mail coming into that account to your sent items folder.
    01-28-10 02:56 PM
    That seems so damned ridiculous for an expensive device whose claim to fame is email. That's like carrying around a 12 lbs wall wart charger for a device whose claim to fame is battery life.

I would've paid for BES if it allowed me to manage multiple email accounts' IMAP folders on one device, but even with BES I am limited to one email account. For this reason, the blackberry is getting sold and I'm forced to get a windows mobile phone. What a waste.
    01-29-10 04:25 AM