I've got two BB's. One is a BB bold with AT&T that requires a sim card. The other is a BB Curve with Verizon. I've been told that I will incur charges if I use my phone to call or text while roaming. Both phones are currently roaming...BUT...will I be charged extra if I use BBM regardless of whether or not I'm roaming?

I've read a few threads on here saying that I can still use BBM while roaming and not get charged extra, but I've also found threads saying that if BBM is 'data' and if I'm roaming I'll get charged extra for the 'data'?

PLEASE HELP ME STAY CONNECTED!
    10-08-09 03:50 PM
    I've got two BB's. One is a BB bold with AT&T that requires a sim card. The other is a BB Curve with Verizon. I've been told that I will incur charges if I use my phone to call or text while roaming. Both phones are currently roaming...BUT...will I be charged extra if I use BBM regardless of whether or not I'm roaming?

I've read a few threads on here saying that I can still use BBM while roaming and not get charged extra, but I've also found threads saying that if BBM is 'data' and if I'm roaming I'll get charged extra for the 'data'?

PLEASE HELP ME STAY CONNECTED!

yes bbm uses Data and Data usage abroad will have a charge
    10-08-09 03:58 PM
    If you sign up for verizons International data plan you can pro rate it by the day so you only pay for the days you are international. Its a good solution if its only a quick trip or you expect heavy data use
    10-08-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD