Kinda new to this. Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but didn't have too much luck.

I recently purchased a BlackBerry 8330 phone. It is my personal phone but I am using it for business related purposes as well. I would like to be able to contact my coworkers via BlackBerry Messenger but don't want them to know my actual cell phone number. Some of them I prefer to only talk to about work related items. So is it possible to talk via BlackBerry Messenger without giving out my actual cell phone number? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    04-29-10 10:33 AM
    I believe the only thing you will have to share with them is your pin from your blackberry (or possibly the email address associate with your blackberry). But i'm also new so....
    04-29-10 10:41 AM
    All blackberries have pins that you give out for blackberry messenger, your coworkers will not have to have your cell phone number. I use messenger all the time
    Kinda new to this. Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but didn't have too much luck.

I recently purchased a BlackBerry 8330 phone. It is my personal phone but I am using it for business related purposes as well. I would like to be able to contact my coworkers via BlackBerry Messenger but don't want them to know my actual cell phone number. Some of them I prefer to only talk to about work related items. So is it possible to talk via BlackBerry Messenger without giving out my actual cell phone number? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    No they will not have your number unless you want them to by giving it to them
    Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks so much.

One more quick question. When I'm logged into BlackBerry Messenger is it on all of the time? I understand I can change my status. And I know that when I am busy or away that I will still receive messages just without an alert popping up, but can I turn it on or off like any other type of messenger?
    04-29-10 11:17 AM
    No you cant turn it off, its up all the time, you can exit but it is still running in the backgroun, dont worry it doesnt effect battery life
    04-29-10 12:51 PM
    If you don't want BBM alerts, you can add a custom Profile and set that when you are in an area you can't chat in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD