If i get a new BB can i port over all my BBM, SMS, Emails, & Contacts?

If so, how do i do it?

The thing about getting a new BB is that i'd lose all my emails that are on the device, contacts (Cause they save 2 the phone & not sim anymore), and my BBM contacts.

Can someone please advise and be detailed?
    10-27-10 12:34 PM
    Yes, You have to use the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager.

First install Desktop Manger on Your PC.

Then go to BBM and make backup to SD card.

Attach your current BB when prompted

Make a full backup (Device switch Wizard will also make a backup but it is not saved to disc, so this step is just to be on the safe side)

Next find the Device switch wizard with your current BB connected. It will load all the info to prepare moving it to Your new one.

Attach your new BB and all content will be loaded on to it.

If You are on a BES some data can not be restored, but hey will come back when You re-activate Your BES account.

Remember to back up BBM manually from the device! DM will not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 12:55 PM
    another thing that you can do instead of using the device switch wizard is to restore from a backup, you will need the desktop manager to create the backup and then restore your new device with the backup file from the older device.
    10-27-10 01:30 PM
    another thing that you can do instead of using the device switch wizard is to restore from a backup, you will need the desktop manager to create the backup and then restore your new device with the backup file from the older device.
    OP, if you do what DIAZ said your BBM contacts will be restored to your new device and you wont have to worry about saving them on the SD card... I would recommend doing it this way. IMHO
    10-27-10 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD