12-12-09 02:54 PM
30 12
tools
    I noticed that my BB has become very important to me.. Honestly superior that any other instant messenger out there

I just Went From my HTC HERO. ( which i love ) to a Tour.
    Both amazing devices however i feel like the HEro had more potential and features than this tour.. The only thing that made me change phones is my BB because all the people i get in contact with have it...

I posted this wondering if anyone else outhere might feel the same way about this ..
    12-10-09 11:54 AM
    BlackBerry smartphones are excellent and I would see someone prefer another smartphone only in situations where the expectations of a BlackBerry are too high. Personally I feel a BlackBerry is just and exactly what fits me and my life. It has excellent and mature PDA functionality, helps me stay social and can communicate in many different ways.

BlackBerry Messenger is tightly integrated into BlackBerry smartphones themselves. Using the technology on other smartphones would require much work and will probably never happen. Notably though Research in Motion have developed BlackBerry Connect software for enabling push e-mail via BIS/BES to select non-BlackBerry smartphones. It is therefore possible tha in the future we see more software enabling BlackBerry features on other smartphones. This would give the user much more freedom to choose what fits best to them.

BlackBerry Messenger might be excellent, but to me is not something special. It is limited to BlackBerry smartphones only and will probably never have a client for PC/Mac. As such it literally lowers the amount of contacts I could communicate with to zero as none of my friends or family members have a BlackBerry smartphone. This is why I prefer solutions like Google Talk as I am able to communicate and stay connected with everyone I know.

You might feel different of this, but I would never give up a smartphone only for an IM application. It almost sounds as if you would be buying a TwitterPeek or something. Looks great, but is rather useless without any other features. Don't feel offended though you sound like you are comparing smartphones as "TwitterPeeks" and not actually smartphones. If IM and social Web is what you want, maybe BlackBerry isn't for you?
    12-10-09 12:12 PM
    So far BlackBerry is the best set of mobile services and devices I ever had in my hands. I would not change for another device even if BB were open to any of them.
    12-10-09 12:21 PM
    I have to say the only reason I have stuck with RIM is the BBM, I have an office of 22 people and 21 are on BBM. Its a great way to communicate especially when I travel. I can be in contact with my assistant or anyone else in the office and not pay ridicoulous air time charges.

My friends and families majority of them I have turned to Blackberries.

The instant email is also great.
    12-10-09 12:35 PM
    till now i'm satisfied with my BB, but looking at the stupendous progress of other mobile platforms I'm not not sure if I'' stick to my berry for long.
    12-10-09 12:35 PM
    I don't use my BBM a whole lot so it's not the reason I'm sticking with the BB.
    12-10-09 12:44 PM
    I barely use BBM ... love my berry for other reasons.
    12-10-09 12:50 PM
    BBM is open on any phone

it's called Y! messanger/ AIM/ ICQ/ GoogleTalk.... same thing different name,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 12:56 PM
    I would def keep my BB... Bbm is kool and all but as ellegee said I love my BB for other reasons...

12-10-09 01:00 PM
    BBM has very little to do with my love for blackberry.

12-10-09 01:10 PM
    BBM has very little to do with my love for blackberry.

Agree, I love my Blackberry and haven't found a phone or platform that was better.
    12-10-09 01:18 PM
    Love my Berry. Best phone I ever owned and BBM is just an added plus!
    12-10-09 01:25 PM
    I use BBM all the time to contact my GF, and a few friends that have BB's, but It's not the only reason I have a BB. It's exactly what I want, does everything I require it to do, it's the perfect device for me, and I don't want anything else!
    12-10-09 02:42 PM
    BBM is not a deal breaker for me, the way email functions is the deal breaker, have tried many platforms and not a single one holds a candle to the blackberry system.

BBM is fun, but not the reason i keep a blackberry, it would be awesome if there was a way for other non blackberry users to communicate in the form of BBM, it doesnt matter though as the Gtalk/MSN/AIM/ICQ blackberry apps are all very good and its easy to stay in touch cross platform.
    12-10-09 02:49 PM
    I don't use bbm much. So even if other phones had them I would still keep my bb.

12-10-09 03:49 PM
    although i love my BBM, i would still keep my blackberry.
    12-10-09 09:02 PM
    Would definitely keep my bb!
    12-10-09 09:13 PM
    Well i see that all you guys i are blackberry lovers and thats nice i like them as well. I wont deny that BB are superior on Email and I know there are many other Instant messaging apps but i feel like they are not as good as bbm

Coming from an android platform that has been out less time then BBs with thousands of apps. i find a limitation with RIM because their app market seems a lot lower and the prices are more expensive for apps that are offer free for other platforms. I should also mention that i'm using the phone for personal use. No business on it. I'm a believer that BB are the best choice for business users but i'm taking the personal use side.

Things i like from BB
    BIS/BES (worldwide)
    BBM
    EMAIL

But one of the reason i started this thread is to see what am i missing?. There might be alot more to BB that i am not seeing. So other blackberry users can tell me many of the great features.

P.s I have also owned diff smarphone Os like Wimo, Android, Palm ( not webos)
    12-10-09 09:25 PM
    I dont think I could live without BBM now that I have used it. It is a great communication tool.

I think if the Iphone had BBM, many BBers would get Iphones.
    12-10-09 11:18 PM
    No. That is all.
    12-10-09 11:20 PM
    I really love my BB Curve 8330 but there are so many phones coming out that are temtping particularly the Android phones. The thing that is keeping me with my BB is the BBM factor. The friends I message the most are on AT and T and I don't have an unlimited texting plan so if I sms them a lot my phone bill gets jacked up. Being bbm contacts with my non-verizon friends saves me a lot of money and I enjoy the better layout of bbm over sms! Gotta love BBM! And I also love Pinging my friends.

12-11-09 01:28 AM
    BBM is not the only reason that I'm still using the BB. There are other more tempting devices out there but still love my BB.
    12-11-09 02:21 AM
    BBM is open on any phone

it's called Y! messanger/ AIM/ ICQ/ GoogleTalk.... same thing different name,

Heh....this is very incorrect

On your device, Blackberry Messenger has MORE features than any of the instant messenger clients you listed.

-BBM gives you the ability to tell if someone ready your message or it was delivered on time
    -BBM has group chat on the device instantly (none of the clients have that ability on the device itself)
    -BBM has groups you can join and always have communications with (again, none of the clients have that ability on the device itself)
    -BBM has barcode scanning to make adding contacts easy
    -BBM can be used WORLDWIDE through the BIS/BES network and do not require signing in/out
    -BBM contacts can be backed up to SD card and sent to yourself via e-mail

The only thing that can't be done is PC/Mac access...but what's the point of doing that if you have your Blackberry with you?
    12-11-09 12:25 PM
    If all phones had BBM, I would definitely still keep my berry.
    12-11-09 01:55 PM
    Hmm, i don't think so. I look at berrys and these are very sexy devices but never say never
    12-11-09 02:14 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD