I upgraded my 9700 to .656 tonight and during the process, BBM disappeared. I tried reloading it and it ended up on my phone, but the icon was not there so I could not access it. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, batt pulls, everything. I cannot get to BlackBerry Messenger on my phone. Has anyone seen this before - and MORE importantly, do you know a fix?

Please help.

05-05-10 09:52 PM
    first thing i would tell someone to do is reinstall BBM. since you said you already did this, just make sure the icon isnt hidden or has been moved to another folder.

you can still access it by holding the BB menu button for 2 seconds and getting to the app switcher.
    05-06-10 02:23 AM
    You can hold the bb menu button for a few sceonds until the quick launcher pops up... Or if u really want back the bbm... You gonna have to downgrade your OS and upgrade it again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 02:27 AM
    You gonna have to downgrade your OS and upgrade it again

i dont believe reinstalling the OS is the answer to this situation. deleting and reinstalling BBM fixes this issue almost all the time.
    05-06-10 03:22 AM
    Go to every folder, and press the BB button and click "show all" if that option is available. You may have accidentally hid it.
    05-06-10 09:31 AM
    Go to every folder, and press the BB button and click "show all" if that option is available. You may have accidentally hid it.
    Sadly that was not the case.
    05-06-10 09:33 AM
    Wow thats really weird, my bbm is in the 'add-on' instead of the 'core'..
    05-06-10 09:46 AM
    Wow thats really weird, my bbm is in the 'add-on' instead of the 'core'..
    Maybe RIM people realized that not everyone uses BBM, so by moving the app to the "add-on", it would be easier for the users to delete the app.

05-06-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD