bb8900, on att, v4.6

So I upgraded to bbm5.0 and im not feeling it too much. I liked it when it was nice and simple with 4.5. First time anyone is saying this about 5.0bbm I'm assuming.

Anyways, how can I get my 4.5bbm back?

or, if there is a way, how can I change the settings on my bbm5.0 to not show the first line of the message on a open contact convo.

Let me know what you think guys
    thanks
    10-09-09 07:50 PM
    Download and install your OS on your PC... delete BBM 5.0 off your device... start DM, connect your device... load BBM from your OS using Add/Remove applications... at least that is what I would try doing if I was going to do it... but I like BBM 5.0.
    10-09-09 08:17 PM
    When the non official version came out, I got it and made it look as much like the old one as possible (the options for what u want are in the settings somewhere) but I still didn't like it so I downgraded. There are comprehensive guides on here but it wasn't that easy for me (maybe cos I did a OS upgrade around the same time?) and it took aaagggggges. Maybe you should just stick with it?
    10-09-09 08:29 PM
    Well if that does not work... I'd backup everything with DM... wipe my device with CrackMem, which will load an OS version you have selected on your PC... then just use DM to reload your personal data with DM... that will not take aaagggggges!!!!!
    10-09-09 08:46 PM
    I did, I went back to BBM 4.6. I missed the status of the other person.
    10-09-09 08:50 PM
    I kind of liked the beta version better than the official release with threaded messages. I liked how the name of the person who typed the message was put in front of what they typed vice the new way of different color background for each person.
    10-10-09 12:10 PM
    I agree. The chat bubbles were set up better with the leaked beta, but heck, this new version is super strong and solid. That greatly outweighs these little issues IMO.
    10-10-09 12:19 PM
    You're not crazy, people just don't like change.
    10-10-09 12:27 PM
    i kind of like the 4.7.1 version better than the 5.0 because idk i just do a little bit ... NOT ... i love BBM 5.0 its the BEST !
    10-10-09 12:38 PM
    Delete from phone and go here: Tjiputra's Home

This is by far the easiest way to do this. I did it this morning. Took about 3 minutes total.
    10-10-09 01:25 PM
    I kind of liked the beta version better than the official release with threaded messages. I liked how the name of the person who typed the message was put in front of what they typed vice the new way of different color background for each person.
    There is an option in BBM 5.0 to do this
    Options => Chats => Show Display Names in Chat
    10-10-09 01:35 PM
    There is an option in BBM 5.0 to do this
    Options => Chats => Show Display Names in Chat
    Awesome. Thanks.
    10-10-09 05:42 PM
    When the non official version came out, I got it and made it look as much like the old one as possible (the options for what u want are in the settings somewhere)
    I tried all the options under 5.0 and cant figure out how to take that first line of text within each contact in the chat section.

either way

This is by far the easiest way to do this. I did it this morning. Took about 3 minutes total.
    got it, thanks man. went back to 4.6 and loving it.

Is there a bbm 4.7/8/9? or did it go from 4.6 to 5.0?
    10-11-09 11:38 PM

what about your contacts?? did they show up on the older version of BBM?
    10-13-09 06:20 PM
    i like how 80% of peoples complaints and reasons for going back to a previous version of bbm are a changeable feature and that people are like "omg omg omg it looks a little different, i'm not even going to take the time to see if theres options to change it, HMMPH I'M GOING BACK, I CAN'T HAVE THINGS BEING DIFFERENT, it's a shame really. the newer bbm may have a bug or two, but its DRAMATICALLY better. and really, if you don't like it, then simply put the old version back on, and we'll all enjoy the new features, like groups, without you.
    10-13-09 07:24 PM
    I have the same question. I downloaded 5.0 and I'm hating it
    10-13-09 07:36 PM
    i like everything about 5.0, except sending pics. that was what was so awesome about bbm in the first place. being able to send pics and view them instantly. now that i have to DL them, just to view them sucks. i want the old version back as well.
    10-13-09 08:13 PM
    I have the same question. I downloaded 5.0 and I'm hating it
    i had to re-add them

i like how 80% of peoples complaints and reasons for going back to a previous version of bbm are a changeable feature and that people are like "omg omg omg it looks a little different, i'm not even going to take the time to see if theres options to change it, HMMPH I'M GOING BACK, I CAN'T HAVE THINGS BEING DIFFERENT, it's a shame really. the newer bbm may have a bug or two, but its DRAMATICALLY better. and really, if you don't like it, then simply put the old version back on, and we'll all enjoy the new features, like groups, without you.
    please show me a option that turn offs the first line of text from the convo that shows up in the CHAT section for every contact.
    10-13-09 08:36 PM
    i had to re-add them

please show me a option that turn offs the first line of text from the convo that shows up in the CHAT section for every contact.
    i would love to try to help, but i'm not exactly sure what you're asking, can you further explain your issue, and i will do my best. are you talking about using groups? and the text from groups showing up in your messages folder? if so look here..

if you're talking about this

i don't know what to tell you, all versions of bbm i've used do that.
    Last edited by katiepea; 10-13-09 at 10:13 PM.
    10-13-09 09:50 PM
    i like everything about 5.0, except sending pics. that was what was so awesome about bbm in the first place. being able to send pics and view them instantly. now that i have to DL them, just to view them sucks. i want the old version back as well.
    the GUI is awesome, much better than the previous version. the avatar and other features are nice also, but i have been trying for sometime now to get my avatar to work with no luck

i noticed that when i installed bbm5 that i lost about 3-4mb of internal memory. even with 17-20mb free internal memory i have noticed some lag in txting and overall performance

i rather "downgrade" back to 4.5 and have a core system that works instead of running the new 5 version with bells and whistles that i dont even plan on using

as for other ppl, i did some searching for a downgrading solution. this is what i have read to be proven to work

create backup with DM
    remove bbm5 from applications list
    open app loader and re-install os system
    restore backup for all your contacts

this is a good time for me to run shrink-a-os at the same time to try and increase some free internal memory
    10-13-09 10:05 PM

dont get me wrong, i love change and i love upgrades. the GUI is awesome, the new features are a little overkill but still none the less great. but the amount of lag it is creating is not acceptable to me

i have tried a handfull of alt, cap, del and a couple of battery pulls
    it still seems to lag my 8310 for some reason
    10-13-09 10:08 PM
    dont get me wrong, i love change and i love upgrades. the GUI is awesome, the new features are a little overkill but still none the less great. but the amount of lag it is creating is not acceptable to me

i have tried a handfull of alt, cap, del and a couple of battery pulls
    it still seems to lag my 8310 for some reason
    i completely believe you, theres probably not much you can do, BBM 5 is a HUGE app, once installed taking around 8MB of app memory, and you're on an old BB model, i feel your frustration.
    10-13-09 10:10 PM
    i completely believe you, theres probably not much you can do, BBM 5 is a HUGE app, once installed taking around 8MB of app memory, and you're on an old BB model, i feel your frustration.
    well hopefully my frustration will be over soon.... say end of nov early dec with the onyx gets released. haha
    10-13-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD