Hi all, you probably think I'm being paranoid, BUT I'm having a big issue with BBM.

1st thing of note, my Torch is being very laggy.

2nd thing, my ex gf asks me randomly last night, as an ex BBM user, if other people can read your chats, which is impossible, right? Well she wasn't convinced with my flat out no as an answer.

3rd thing, my ex has been pestered by a guy she met on holiday, but she's not interested & told him so. He found her on twitter, and basically tweets all day about me or her. This has been going on for weeks until today, I had enough and had a few words. He started tweeting cryptic stuff about what I've been upto with other women (which is no issue, I'm not married and don't have a gf) and that all will be revealed soon.

well, as it turns out, he had spoken to my ex about a "nickname" I once gave a BBM contact, who doesn't know him or my ex & it is scarily accurate. He then describes a conversation I had with this girl, and uses very exact and precise phrases. Now the girl I was chatting to is freaking out, I'm freaking out and my ex is freaking out.

4th and final thing, the guy is a cop. So if this is possible in any way, shape or form, he would have the links. And literally minutes after me speculating it was him, he apparently announced to his mate that he's gonna quit his job. Also, he has deleted his twitter account (prob where evidence of the chat with me is)

thoughts?

Am I going mad or could it actually be plausible that he's got into my BBM somehow?
    09-19-11 08:26 PM
    Highly unlikely. If your BB is provided by your employer, your BES admins can read your BBM if they choose to, but otherwise, nobody should be able to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 09:01 PM
    its possible but unlikely. Wipe and reload the OS and start from scratch if you are worried
    Bla1ze likes this.
    09-19-11 09:04 PM
    Am I going mad or could it actually be plausible that he's got into my BBM somehow?
    No, you're just freaking out and by now you're likely reading into things more then you ought to be. Which is why you're finding surprisingly accurate details in what he says. Calm down, no one is reading your BBM's. If for some reason you still feel as though that's the case, wipe your BB.. if nothing else, it will make ya feel better.
    09-19-11 09:17 PM
    You know, the easiest and most effective form of hacking is social engineering.
    Technology is super safe, but people are not.
    He may have had access to your bb.
    Or maybe access to your chat partner's phone. Or the partner saved the conversation somewhere there's access to.
    09-19-11 10:08 PM
    I'm thinkin'.

09-19-11 11:40 PM
    thanks for the responses. The reason why I'm sceptical is, all 4 people involved live on 4 different corners of the country, and neither were anywhere near each other at the time of the chats. it's just too weird. He's never been anywhere near my phone, or the girl's phone
    09-20-11 02:53 AM
    09-20-11 03:34 AM
    Highly unlikely. If your BB is provided by your employer, your BES admins can read your BBM if they choose to, but otherwise, nobody should be able to.

Yes good point maybe if it was a BES admin phone then they have some right to know what u do with your phone but if its a BIS admin phone no one should be able to get into your phone that would be a big privacy issue with rim and no one would feel safe to even use their own blackberry

09-20-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD