12-06-10 01:19 PM
32 12
tools
    I must say, 127mb of app memory, impressive. I barely got 121 after installing OS 5 and right now I have at the most 109mb. I have like 20 apps and 6 themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    121mb at a fresh start? You got a lot to learn This is a good start: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Next time, try using Shrink-a-OS or even go hardcore and remove CODs manually.

25 apps, 1 theme. I managed to go 131mb once, after apps and restoring, but I admit I had 2 or 3 less apps then.
    07-06-10 12:02 PM
    121mb at a fresh start? You got a lot to learn This is a good start: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Next time, try using Shrink-a-OS or even go hardcore and remove CODs manually.

25 apps, 1 theme. I managed to go 131mb once, after apps and restoring, but I admit I had 2 or 3 less apps then.
    LOL yes, I have a LOT to learn. I've never done any OS shrinking because I'm scared of deleting something I'm not supposed to even more scared of manually deleting cod files . But I was scared to update my phone to OS5, now I'm not so maybe I should try shrinking my OS and see if I lose that fear

07-06-10 12:37 PM
    I'm almost positive that I would brick my berry if I tried deleting cod files.

07-06-10 03:19 PM
    I'm almost positive that I would brick my berry if I tried deleting cod files.

Only if you don't do your homework 1st... Besides... You know you can always load the deleted cods back into the device don't you?
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-07-10 at 09:45 AM.
    07-06-10 08:47 PM
    I do! Lol. Well the phone does act a little faster with less hourglass popping up, boots about the same, if not at least a 10 second difference. Battery life all day through my normal usage is still the same. I might just end up loading it back, just for my one contact lol

07-06-10 09:46 PM
    Good point diegonei. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime.

07-07-10 01:48 AM
    Post a screenshot of your applications screen as I believe you will see it is still there, just the links on your homescreen are gone. With OS5 it is almost impossible to uninstall BBM.

12-06-10 01:19 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD