I NEED HELP!

Is there a way to save my BBM contacts Pin on my Address Book without having the Pin linked to the my address book. Soon as I add the pin onto my address book it automatically links the person in my address book to the BBM. The problem is that every time I text the person the messages being sent appear on the text message application and on the BBM as if we were talking through BBM and text. Then their name on the BBM comes up on my sms app instead of the name saved on the address book. Its weird because every message appears twice and i don't like that. I just want to send a text and only have it as a text and not as a BBM convo as well.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLZZZZZ!
    06-18-10 09:03 AM
    Sure, I can help you. Solution is simple, well pretty simple. You have to upgrade your BBM version to v5.1 (currently in beta form, not officially released). Good news is that it's open to the public via Blackberry Beta Zone (http://www.blackberry.com/beta) and once installed you will see a setting in the options menu "show text messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts"

Hope this helps
    06-19-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD