it says BBM 5 is instaled but i cant find it nor can i open it. i have so many messages that i cant open now!

ive tried reinstalling no luck
    what do i do?
    thanks in advance
    10-20-09 12:52 PM
    what if you go in to Options>Advanced>Applications and then uninstall. then you could reinstall.

Or, try loading a backup from DM.
    10-20-09 12:53 PM
    tried it but will again
    and i dont use the DM it just takes up space on my computer.
    10-20-09 12:55 PM
    I know this may be a stupid thing to ask, but did you look in the IM folder. My coworker installed bbm5.0 and after it installed it was in that folder.
    10-20-09 01:14 PM
    hah yes i looked there. i master reset :/
    now just gotta get all my contacts back
    10-20-09 01:18 PM
    try going into the Keyboard/screen settings and set one of the side buttons to it. i hear that works
    10-20-09 01:21 PM
    ill keep that in mind thanks!
    10-20-09 01:22 PM
    BBM is one of the 5 dedicated Apps in the App Switcher.

Just hold down MENU and BBM will always be a choice there so long as it's on your device at all.

Also, it might be in your Downloads folder, since the 5.0.0.33 upgrade works the same as a 3rd party App download.

Last tip: once you have "found" it, you can select the option to have BBM messages appear in Messages. Messages can be your one-stop shop for the most current BBM, SMS, and email.
    (Of course, you would need to go to the actual BBM app to start a new convo or continue an older one...)
    10-20-09 10:42 PM
    hah yes i looked there. i master reset :/
    now just gotta get all my contacts back
    recently i have been through an install/uninstall/upgrade marathon with my device given that i'm running a .230/.238 hybrid and BBM 5.0 didn't work with my OS so i finally stumbled on a thread that clued me in to the fact that 4.7 was the only one that worked with my OS, installed it, it worked but no contacts... resent my servicebooks et voila, BBM contacts were back... then finally RIM released the current BBM, downloaded, installed, it worked but again no contacts, again resent servicebooks et voila, all my peeps are back in their proper place. i don't know if this will work for everyone, but it has worked flawlessly for me to this point! cheers!
    10-21-09 01:21 AM
    I see several solutions except the one I use. Turn off dial from home screen. Do this by pressing send, menu key, options. Then select general options and set dial from home screen to no. Now your keyboard shortcuts are activated. N opens blackberry messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD