I have save message history enabled on my phone, its been saving to the media card. I seem to not be able to find any conversations that I deleted. I am looking for one in particular. All the chat history was defenently saved to the card before, I had periodically deleted the chats as I talked to this person and now I have deleted them as a contact.

Should I not be able to find this history on my media card even if I have deleted the contact?

I can see lots of other saved csv. files but not this one.
    12-24-11 11:56 AM
    Anyone know why cant I find saved messages for a deleted contact?
    12-26-11 09:40 AM
    Most probably you can't see them because you have deleted the contact. Bbm must have taken away anything associated with the contact. Maybe I will investigate further if you request me to.
    axe_murderer likes this.
    12-26-11 10:06 AM
    Saved history should be saved I thought.

Ya if you could that would be great, I really need these chats.

Thanks.
    12-26-11 11:28 AM
    Yep tried my theory. Its 100% accurate for me. I chatted with a friend, saved chat history and then deleted contact. When I went to check, it wasnt there. Perhaps on device memory? Tested on BB torch 9860
    12-26-11 11:46 AM
    I checked the mem card on my computer, I see other chats on .csv files but not this one. Thats frustrating, saved chat history should be saved chat history
    12-26-11 12:07 PM
    What about if the contact is added back, is the saved history still gone?
    12-26-11 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD