I know, there are a million posts on this already but none answering my question. I downloaded OTA which means I should be able to plug it into my computer and reinstall 4.7 right? wrong. when I click the app reloader it tell me that no action is required and BBM isn't even listed on it. BBM 5.0 was great for a while, now every single contact I have is permantly unreachable, it doesnt display D or R's anymore, It takes HOURS for my messages to go through, Im done fighting with it. Anyway I can OTA 4.7 back? or something? I just cannot take it anymore.
    08-05-09 12:16 AM
    4.7 is included with the 9630/4.7.1.40 OS. You can reinstall the OS, or just reload the backups you made before you installed BBM 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:20 AM
    Reloading backups do absolutely nothing, I deleted BBM 5.0, Went to reload a back up and still, No BMM at all. It reloads everything else for me though, it just does not reinstall BBM.
    08-05-09 12:33 AM
    Ah, then reload the stock 9630/4.7.1.40 OS and it should be in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 01:14 AM
    I actually prefer 5.0 over 4.7
    4.7 is so weird
    08-05-09 04:15 AM
    I actually prefer 5.0 over 4.7
    4.7 is so weird
    Okay and this contributes to the thread how? He wants to know how to remove 5.0 not your opinion on 5.0 versus 4.7.

You actually might have to reload your OS so do a backup of what you want to keep then wipe with jlcmder and reload the OS using apploader.
    08-05-09 07:21 AM
    With wiping the OS though, Will I lose all my contacts?

Sorry, i didnt read that last post, How do I go about doing a complete reload of the OS? While backing up certain things?
    Last edited by anttehninja; 08-05-09 at 09:47 AM.
    08-05-09 09:34 AM
    With wiping the OS though, Will I lose all my contacts?

Sorry, i didnt read that last post, How do I go about doing a complete reload of the OS? While backing up certain things?
    You can select to backup your current stuff on your phone so when it reloads everything is back to how it is.
    08-06-09 02:07 AM
    After you deleted 5.0 and went to DM, you put a check in the BBM box, right?
    08-06-09 02:13 AM
    Hello,

I saw that you have been particularly helpful and kind in some other posts regarding BBM 5.0, and I hope you can give me a minute of your time and help me too. I've read your FAQ, and I still have a few questions.

I upgraded to 5.0 with no problems on my curve 8330. As such, I sent a bbm to my girlfriend telling her to do the same on her curve. Oh crap, she's not the right OS, icon gone. Now I feel awful. I'm in damage-control mode.

I've been texting with her briefly, and I'm not entirely sure if she tried downgrading. So one of two things is going on:

1) All she did was install 5.0, and has no icon. Are her contacts as good as gone? Or could she upgrade her OS, reinstall 5.0 and have the contacts?

Alternatively, could she do a dm backup, uninstall 5.0 - reinstall 4.6 and then restore from dm? In short, although the messenger icon is gone, are the bbm contacts still somewhere?

2) She might have tried installing 4.6 using an OTA link I sent her. If this is the case, I know how to get back the icon, but she'll lose her bbm contacts (uninstall and reinstall). Could she try backing up her bbm contacts first? Then uninstalling, reinstalling and restoring.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I really feel terrible, as she is an avid bbm user. I feel awful, and would love a glimmer of hope.

What about her actual phone contacts? Should I be concerned at all for those?

Thanks you so much!
    10-11-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD