Hi, i just move in to USA few days ago. I bring my bb 9700 from my country and i activated my BIS with provider from my country. When I get here I use Wifi to activate my BBM and it worked well. And then I bought T-Mobile pre paid card, the seller said it can be use for BBM bur apparently the seller was wrong. I asked for my money back and remove the SIM card from my phone. But since then I can't activate my BBM eventhou I use wifi. I asked the T-mobile seller and he don't know what to do either. Anyone can help me? I really need to activate it asap. Thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 09:25 AM
    you need a data plan to use bbm........
    12-27-10 10:00 AM
    But i can activate it with wifi before...

12-27-10 10:09 AM
    But i can activate it with wifi before...

You need to get your money back and go to an official T-Mobile store, have them remove and re-add BIS, re-setup the account and that should solve your problem. BBM won't work on Wi-Fi without a data plan, period. I found this out before having to get a data plan.

12-27-10 10:43 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can't use BBM on pre-paid. Pre-paid doesn't offer BIS or BES, it's just a generic internet that isn't compatible for use with BlackBerry specific programs like BBM. I believe you'll need to have a regular type of account with BIS in order to be able to use this feature of your phone.
    12-27-10 09:59 PM
    Without BIS or BES, simply put, BBM will NOT work, not even over wifi. The plan must be active on the account for it to work.
    12-27-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD